car rental "kobi rent"

Nik Belgium

Jul 25, 2006
hi there...
we are leaving 09/09/2006 to DR for a trip of abt 10 days, are looking for renting an SUV but apparently that is not so easy... have found one company "Kobi Rent S.A. Perla Marina Dominican Republic"...
does anyone know this company and are the reliable ?

thx for helping us out!!!

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Nik Belgium said:
hi there...
we are leaving 09/09/2006 to DR for a trip of abt 10 days, are looking for renting an SUV but apparently that is not so easy... have found one company "Kobi Rent S.A. Perla Marina Dominican Republic"...

thx for helping us out!!!

Welcome to dr1. Have you visited the dr or driven there before?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Nik Belgium said:
... have found one company "Kobi Rent S.A. Perla Marina Dominican Republic"...
I never heard of them. I would stick to the major companies (National, Hertz, Avis, etc.). If you want to use a local company, people on this board have posted positive feedback about Prestige.

There have been some horror stories about renting from some of the less reputable companies.

Nik Belgium

Jul 25, 2006
Hi, it is the first time in the DR but have done a lot of other destinations and also rented cars over there, so we are used in driving in foreign countries.

Nik

Nik Belgium

Jul 25, 2006
Rocky said:
Don't know the company, but what do you mean, that it's not that easy?
You can rent SUVs all over the place.

we were looking on websites of the major 4 and were not able to locate any SUV for pick up at airport...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Nik Belgium said:
we were looking on websites of the major 4 and were not able to locate any SUV for pick up at airport...
I'm surprised.
I see lots of SUVs for rent when I go to the POP airport.
I don't know which company rents them, but I assumed all of them.
Most of the Car rental joints in Sosua have more SUV's than cars.

Nik Belgium

Jul 25, 2006
sosua is possible, but we're landing on Punta Cana Airport (only possibility from belgium) and are also planning our tour from there...
but will check again with the major 4...
thx!
Nik

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I did quick searches on Travelocity and Expedia, and the only company having SUVs at PUJ was Europcar. Try their website.

My suggestion is that unless you have specific plans to go off road or need to transport more than 5 people, you should consider a car instead. It will save you a lot on rental and gas, and will probably serve you just as well.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
FYI

Travelocity shows that Europcar has an office in the terminal at PUJ. I had a reservation with them in June and they do not have an office at PUJ.

I called their office and they said they would deliver the car to me at the airport. They never showed up!!

MCM

esoxhunter

Feb 2, 2008
Adventure Rent a Car

I just returned from the DR and had a very pleasant experience with Adventure rent a car. Raphael greeted us at the airport on time and even drove us to our hotel since we were unsure how to get there. The whole experience was very smooth. Everyone was extremely nice. I would definitely use them again.

David