EdeNorte customers - want to know when your luz goes off??

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
One of the things that has bugged me for years is that I never knew when street power was going off and coming back on. Pain in the arse when using heavy load equipment and street power goes!!!

Well you want to know when EdeNorte will turn off your power????

Check out EdeNorte's website and you will find they have very kindly provided a weekly schedule of planned shutdowns.

Go to www.edenorte.com.do
click on "atencion al cliente" on the tool bar at the top of 1st page
click on "interrupciones de energia" on the left side scroll down menu
this brings up all regions served
click on your region and there you will find the power schedule for the next 7 days for your specific area.

tested it for the last week and seems pretty accurate.
Obviously this is SCHEDULED shutdowns and doesn't allow for the extra ordinary outages that happen.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
gjsuk said:
One of the things that has bugged me for years is that I never knew when street power was going off and coming back on. Pain in the arse when using heavy load equipment and street power goes!!!

Well you want to know when EdeNorte will turn off your power????

Check out EdeNorte's website and you will find they have very kindly provided a weekly schedule of planned shutdowns.

Go to www.edenorte.com.do
click on "atencion al cliente" on the tool bar at the top of 1st page
click on "interrupciones de energia" on the left side scroll down menu
this brings up all regions served
click on your region and there you will find the power schedule for the next 7 days for your specific area.

tested it for the last week and seems pretty accurate.
Obviously this is SCHEDULED shutdowns and doesn't allow for the extra ordinary outages that happen.
An informed population will make wise choices. I think?:cheeky:
Interesting info.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
yeap its correct and it doesn't seem to change, does it, last time I was there lights went out between 6-10pm, where I visit it goes out twice also 7-11am, incredible.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
So, I will check if this is working, or if it is just a plan...
Tomorrow I am supposed to have no light from 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.

I can´t see for Friday, as the schedule is not online. But we had light until 5 p.m. then gone for an hour, and then again gone from 8,40 p.m. and for 3 hours...

Thanks for the link! Last time I checked their website it was under construction and then I completely forgot about it.

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
I have been looking for Costambar, Cofresi and Torre Alta in the list and could not find any of them....Is there another list???

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Torre Alta is not a separate section, it depends on where the location in the area is, what section it would be for the few Edenorte users that is there.
Most use the Playa Dorada planta and their services.

Costambar, just a guess, would it be the Tropigas area? Puerto Plata 103 - D??

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Costambar..............

..................my guess, since I live here, is NOT on the list..........We haven't lost power since the list was published.................(knock on wood).

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
POP Bad Boy said:
..................my guess, since I live here, is NOT on the list..........We haven't lost power since the list was published.................(knock on wood).

Lucky you! You are simply not on the list because you have no interruptions!
That is great. Here downtown POP, it is 3 hrs a day now, so not so bad now when I see what other areas have to deal with..

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
It is true that since yesterday or the day before yesterday the situation is much better concerning the electricity in Costambar. But the passed weeks have been terrible. Sometimes the power went off from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Let's see in the future what will be the situation.... It is strange that neither Costambar nor Cofresi are on the list.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Estrella1 said:
It is true that since yesterday or the day before yesterday the situation is much better concerning the electricity in Costambar. But the passed weeks have been terrible. Sometimes the power went off from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Let's see in the future what will be the situation.... It is strange that neither Costambar nor Cofresi are on the list.

I agree. But the list is just for 1 week...maybe you get your share over there later! Who knows....;)

cork

Aug 23, 2003
what a laugh

have not had power since thursday am.

Called them on Friday, they said that afternoon

Went to office 3X saturday, they called me once I called them an additional 2X

Went to Santiago today and bought a generator to go with my inversor

There are 8 houses in this block with no power, most of us expats.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
cork said:
have not had power since thursday am.

Called them on Friday, they said that afternoon

Went to office 3X saturday, they called me once I called them an additional 2X

Went to Santiago today and bought a generator to go with my inversor

There are 8 houses in this block with no power, most of us expats.

Where are you located? That sounds way too much.
Today we were announced 3 hrs blackout, but it lasted only 1 hr here downtown Puerto Plata.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
In Cabarete, the power is off more than it is on!!! In total we may get 4 or 5 hours of power for the entire 24 hr period. This is the norm for Cabarete. I would like to know how to get 20 hours a day of power?

cork

Aug 23, 2003
carina said:
Where are you located? That sounds way too much.
Today we were announced 3 hrs blackout, but it lasted only 1 hr here downtown Puerto Plata.

In Sosua, El Batey. Power came on at noon today. 5 days no luz. Even my 16 batteries lasted only until Saturday.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Looks like the blackouts are slowly becoming more severe. The DominicanToday says the following: "The poor service results from the shutdown of 28 power plants, 18 of them of high generation." Read more here

Seems to me I've seen this cycle before during the past few years.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Is there a real correlation between published results and actual outages anywhere?. In fact, if there is a correlation, it probably is a mistake :laugh::laugh:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
In Puerto Plata ( downtown section ) we have less than published on the Edenorte Website.
Yesterday light all day, and today almost 2 hr blackout instead of the announced 3 hrs. When lights goes off, it actually goes off at the time published, just goes on faster.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
carina said:
In Puerto Plata ( downtown section ) we have less than published on the Edenorte Website.
Yesterday light all day, and today almost 2 hr blackout instead of the announced 3 hrs. When lights goes off, it actually goes off at the time published, just goes on faster.
I agree. In Puerto Plata, off like clock-work, but back on sooner than listed. Off today at 6:00AM back on at 8:30AM.

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Nice try. We live in the los Cerros section of Sosua and the published shut
downs of energy as stated on edenorte.com are totally meaningless. The power goes on or off at different times and not in accordance with the
published schedule on their website.