Las Terrenas

Richard Edwards

May 14, 2006
I keep hearing about LT being a new place on the way up, beautiful, etc. Never been there, so I am looking for some feedback on it. I hear a lot of Europeans but no Americans. Any thoughts.

ED

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Lots of French in LT, but very quiet in June haven't been there since. The road from Sanches to LT is a must. Hope the place don't get destroyed with the new Samana airport due to open later in the year. There are a few “must know” places in the DR, Las Terrenas is one. Check it out before the charter flights come along. Actually, some of the famous tourist destinations in the country are just pitstops on the way to more important places like Las Terrenas, Las Galleras, Jarabacoa, Santiago etc, etc.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ooh, I forgot, how could I forget La Romana.

Last edited:
G

gary short

You can see Puerto Rico and the mountains across the Bahia de Samana all the way to the Mona Passage at the crest of the Sanchez- Las Terrenas road. It's all beautiful. Beaches and countryside are magnificent.
I always recommend the Lonely Planet guide to the DR for accurate information on accomadations, food and tours etc.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
gary short said:
You can see Puerto Rico .

-Really ???

It must be on a sunny winter day, then, because it's a bit far...

;o)

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Richard Edwards said:
I keep hearing about LT being a new place on the way up, beautiful, etc. Never been there, so I am looking for some feedback on it. I hear a lot of Europeans but no Americans. Any thoughts.

ED

I'm an American, And I've been to LT!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Richard Edwards said:

ED
To answer your question, apart from Dominicans, most expats in LT are French, followed by German, followed by Italian.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
las terrenas

Rocky said:
To answer your question, apart from Dominicans, most expats in LT are French, followed by German, followed by Italian.

Lived there for a couple years...nice place to visit,but no fun living there...long way to anywhere...and very expensive to live there...beaches are very nice...most people{white}who live there are french..only 5 or 6 americans...traffic is bad most of the time...many,many places for sale,houses,apts,businesses,....but a place to see in this beautiful country...

bob

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Lots of frogs

I have also spent a bit of time there. It is SO french. The place is beautiful but indeed very expensive. Most of the local expats are actually struggling with the cost of leaving and are not shy to show it to visitors. It is a mix of Parisian and French Riviera "attitude" for those who have experienced both of those. Way too many hotels and restaurants for the amount of tourists.
Everybody has been banking on a real estate boom for the past two years that has not happened.
I would recommend a visit for its beaches and scenery but bring a great book and a beautiful lady with you, even if it is for just a week. ;)