Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good clean apartments for rent?

Can anyone guide me in the right direction on finding a apartment for rent when we arrive? We will be spending 10 days doing research to make sure this is the place we would like to move to. It would sure help if we had some direction to start with. We would like to stay near the beaches and of course in a reputable area. Thank you!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a very big island. Where do you want to go to? North Coast, South Coast, East Coast. You can also choose to stay Centrally and visit all of these coasts easily. We do need to know where?

Post Thanks / Like

We were thinking of the south. Not right in Santo Domingo, but close to that. We're open for suggestions.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a thread that may help you http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16348
    and then of course, read the travel forums on the South Coast here
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Perhaps if you can settle on which town, then it would be easier to look for an apartment to rent.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Perla de sosua is clean and near beach.

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philtam
    Can anyone guide me in the right direction on finding a apartment for rent when we arrive? We will be spending 10 days doing research to make sure this is the place we would like to move to. It would sure help if we had some direction to start with. We would like to stay near the beaches and of course in a reputable area. Thank you!
    Ok...I'm a little confused as to what you are doing and what you need...

If you are JUST NOW going to Dominican Republic, don't know the island and are going to do the research, you can't rent an apartment...You would have no idea as to where to even begin...and it can be quite tricky...You'll know why after you spend a few days in the country...

You should just look for a hotel in Santo Domingo, the capital, and from there spread out to get to know the different places some of the posters have suggested...

The closest beach to Sto. Dgo. is Boca Chica...and even though it's nice, it's not very reputable...especially not to rent an apartment...

If you want to go to the North Coast, you'd be better off...but again...I wouldn't recommend you rent anything yet until you've been there for a few days and travel the island to look for exactly what you want...

Don't risk it...Go to a hotel, not an all-inclusive, so you'll have the chance to get out and adventure...and then...after you've talked to people and see what you are looking for...you'll be better informed and can make a better decision..

Good luck...DR is BEAUTIFUL!!! You'll love it!!!

Come back and let us know...

MQ

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Read this, it will help you.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/renting.shtml

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't plan on coming and renting a apartment. I plan on staying at a hotel and looking around. I was just wondering where would be a good place to look for a apartment so when we're ready to make the move I know what we're getting into. Is there any reason that you had suggested not going to all inclusive? I'm guessing it's because we wouldn't be there the majority of the day and it wouldn't be worth it????????? Because we were actually looking into a all inclusive resort.

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

People that go to AI's are usually tempted to just stay inside because they have everything paid for already, so they don't venture out...

It's up to you...but I think it would be a better idea to go to a regular hotel and then you'll have the chance to go to different restaurants and get to know the city and different areas of the country a bit more like a native and not so much as a tourist...I am explaining myself right? It's late...maybe I'm not making much sense...

Thanks for clarifying your first post...I thought you were looking to rent right away...but whether you're going to an AI or a hotel, the best thing to do is to make friends with a local and talk to lots of people about what you want to do...they'll point you in the right direction...BTW...do you speak Spanish at all?

Good luck again!

MQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. No, i don't speak spanish. You would think so,,,,,, living in California. I'm just starting to study it. Hopefully i catch on fast!!! Do you have any suggestions on where to stay for our visit? I've been everywhere on the net checking out hotels. It seems very difficult to find a variety of hotels, or maybe there isn't any? I really appreciate any information that anyone can give me. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast