Las Canas Apartments Sosua

knowledge

Aug 2, 2005
Heard that the owner and management company have fallen out up at las canas in La Mulatta.

Anyone knows anything about this?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
knowledge said:
Heard that the owner and management company have fallen out up at las canas in La Mulatta.

Anyone knows anything about this?
I find it a little odd a person involved in real estate in the local area wouldn't have a little more knowledge of the local market, or, maybe I have you confused with someone else.

I believe what happened was that the owner came to visit and was upset with the management(or lack of) so maybe this is a good thing for us living there. Hopefully we will get them a kick in the a$$ and get them working it is a beautiful property if properly managed.

knowledge

Aug 2, 2005
wayne said:
I find it a little odd a person involved in real estate in the local area wouldn't have a little more knowledge of the local market, or, maybe I have you confused with someone else.

And your point being?

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
badpiece33 said:
I believe what happened was that the owner came to visit and was upset with the management(or lack of) so maybe this is a good thing for us living there. Hopefully we will get them a kick in the a$$ and get them working it is a beautiful property if properly managed.

keep us posted BP as i would consider living there again if daniel was no longer associated with the property.

i was surprised to hear that the guy who couldnt even keep the pool clean in february is now in charge of the restaurant. i love the fact that they promote from within but that is just nuts

The place could be so nice if it was run better,that is so true. I was there in July for 2 weeks and there was electricity 24/7 except for a half hour one afternoon so it could be looking up in Las Canas, let me cross my fingers. I will be back the last week of August to fill you in more. I also believe the place would be better of without Daniel.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Hi Guys.Ive recently bought a Condo in Las Canas.Ive had a nightmare trying to get things done from here in the UK they don't even email me back now,so im glad to hear of a change in management.It would be great if i could keep in touch with those of you who are living there as ive no ideal what goes on or even if things are progressing, maybe we could have a beer next time i visit.Its a fantastic complex and im looking forward to it being restored to its former glory.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Hi People. Has anyone got and update on the management situation? Also does anyone know if there has been any progress is the shuttle bus running and does the wireless broadband work for example? Thanks for you help guys.

As of today the 1st of September the wireless is being worked on, works in some areas but not all, the pool is being taken better care of,but the electricity sometimes gets turned off by the management in the middle of the night unless you get a little crazy and threaten them like some guy did the other night and then the lights never went off again.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As of today the 1st of September the wireless is being worked on, works in some areas but not all, the pool is being taken better care of,but the electricity sometimes gets turned off by the management in the middle of the night unless you get a little crazy and threaten them like some guy did the other night and then the lights never went off again.
Who was that "some guy".
Callaghan?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
No shuttle bus, Internet for whom?

Hi People. Has anyone got and update on the management situation? Also does anyone know if there has been any progress is the shuttle bus running and does the wireless broadband work for example? Thanks for you help guys.

I was just there last week as I also have a unit there. I screamed at them to get the windows secured properly as they were all placed upside down and did not lock. Make sure your windows are installed properly and change your own locks and DO NOT provide them with keys. They have been known to go into your unit and take things (furniture) out and put them into other units as they see fit. I have my own furniture (I have my own furniture store) so it was important to have the locks changed.

No shuttle bus as of when I was down there (August 19-26) and Daniel was tinkering with the wireless Internet but it seemed to only work for him. My cable wasn't working when I left. I have an advantage in the fact that my friend is a lawyer there and will be all over them to get things done.

I have not bought there yet as I want to see what happenes here. Lot's of lip service from a guy named Miguel who walks around there as if he owns the place. Ask Miguel who owns the dirty white BMW Sportster and he will tell you it is his car when in fact it belongs to Walter, I hate bull*hitters.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Hi Guys any chance of another update on the state of affaires at Las Canas.I will be there for a couple weeks from November 11th, really hopeing the pool is full this time.Has any work been carried since may? is the restaurant/bar open?.Great to meet for a beer if any of you are there in November.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi Guys any chance of another update on the state of affaires at Las Canas.I will be there for a couple weeks from November 11th, really hopeing the pool is full this time.Has any work been carried since may? is the restaurant/bar open?.Great to meet for a beer if any of you are there in November.

From what I've heard, the pool is full (maybe even fuller after last night's rain) and they have a little bar by the pool. Walter told me that the restaurant should be opening next week. As badpeice say's it's a great place to rent. I think if they got the electric and hot water problems fixed it would be one of the nicest places in Sosua to live. (As long as all those NY cops behave themselves LOL) I wish them good luck. PS a shuttle would be nice for the ones who don't have a car.

The place could be so nice if it was run better,that is so true. I was there in July for 2 weeks and there was electricity 24/7 except for a half hour one afternoon so it could be looking up in Las Canas, let me cross my fingers. I will be back the last week of August to fill you in more. I also believe the place would be better of without Daniel.

Great news Daniel has been thrown out and my good friend Judy is now managing the place. Since Judy has taken over, The place has done a complete 180 degree turn around. We now have electricity all night long and if the power goes down it is for a short period of time in the afternoon when most people are out and about anyway.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Badpiece! I have, indeed, taken over the position of General Manager of Las Canas Condominiums. The pool is crystal clear, the pool bar re-opened by Philipe, the gentleman from Martinique, and plans are underway for the new restaurant and mini market. Give me a bit more time with that. I have hired a driver for the shuttle, and though there isn't a hard and fast schedule as yet, we do give people a lift upon request. The wireless signal was increased just yesterday, and we are in process of installing additional antennaes to get the signal to all the apartments. The guests all seem happy and are enjoying the truly beautiful amenities of this great complex. I listen to suggestions, comments and even complaints...my office door is always open. Feel free to contact me anytime for information. Judy

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I second that

Great news Daniel has been thrown out and my good friend Judy is now managing the place. Since Judy has taken over, The place has done a complete 180 degree turn around. We now have electricity all night long and if the power goes down it is for a short period of time in the afternoon when most people are out and about anyway.

I live in the same building as Badpiece and we are both estatic that Judy has taken over. All night power, hot water, crystal clear water in the huge pool. It is pristine right now and Patrick and I are both two happy NY coppers. Just got to keep an eye on the other guys right now across the pool LOL

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
this is indeed great news.

i will give las canas another chance this year and head up there this week.

if the restaurant is serving decent food, i would recommend people come up for a lunch and enjoy the pool for the afternoon as it is very peaceful and offers a nice break from the hustle of downtown.

good luck judy and see you soon.