nursing in the dr

lovehavingatan

Jul 30, 2006
hey, im new at this so please bear with me ... i was just wondering if anyone had any information about getting a nursing job or a volunteer position in the DR (or elsewhere in the caribbean) after obtaining a diploma or bachelors degree in canada or the us ... anything on likelihood, salary, accomodation etc, anything at all helps ... thanks!!

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
There are a few old threads on this try doing a search. Ive been looking into it myself and salary isnt one of the main selling points for a job.

cuas

May 29, 2006
I read in a thread about a new nursing program in Santiago. Please can I have more information. Cost, etc.
My niece wants to be a nurse and if she can come to US with a nursing job, it will be perfect.
I know I am mixing things. I did not want to start a new thread. Sorry.

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
lovehavingatan said:
hey, im new at this so please bear with me ... i was just wondering if anyone had any information about getting a nursing job or a volunteer position in the DR (or elsewhere in the caribbean) after obtaining a diploma or bachelors degree in canada or the us ... anything on likelihood, salary, accomodation etc, anything at all helps ... thanks!!

Sorry I forgot to welcome you to the forum! You've come to the right place people are generally really helpful.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A nursing degree is worth gold in the US these days.....$50,000 and up seems very reasonable...$70,000 is certainly available.

Okay, I don't know what the salaries are like compared to others but that still sounds like good money.

Anyway, nurses in the DR are on the low end of the pecking order, most (certainly not all) are squeezes for doctors, bed pan haulers, and mess cleaner-upers. Few are appreciated.

The program that is supposed to come on line involves two years here and tow years there (US). Employment guaranteed.

I'll have to look into it.

HB