Travelling with a Budget

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
My friend and I are planning a trip to the DR, but we have no idea where we should stay. We were thinking about going to Puerto Plata. Does anyone have suggestions. Since the both of us are students we don't want to spend too much money. We are looking to relax and also have a good time. I've been looking at different resorts and I think that we would have the most fun in Playa Dorada. So any suggestions as to which resorts will meet our needs.
I've travelled to the DR quite a few times, but in the past it was to see my ex boyfriend, who worked in AI resort. So I usually stayed at the resort he was working at. I haven't been back in over a year, so I'm really looking forward to going back....I really miss the DR!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
How much is your budget and how much time do you planning on spending in the DR?

Depending on the time of year you are traveling (and were you are traveling from), you can get some great air/hotel packages.

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
My friend and I are planning to go the last week of August. We would like to keep our cost below $650. Has anyone been Parasio Del Sol of LIfestyle Vitalis. Right now those two resorts are the cheapest. Any other suggestions
I dumped the sankie a long time ago hillbilly!