Lotto Winner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Lotto winner receives check
Isidro Taveras Corniel, the manager of a small wares store in Ensanche Ozama, was the lucky winner of RD$26 million on the LEIDSA lotto system. He is the 57th millionaire winner of the lotto in the Dominican Republic. He received his check yesterday and said he hadn't decided what to do with the money. However, once he and his wife confirmed he was the winner, they both quit their jobs and moved to Arroyo Hondo.

Taken from the News right here on DR1...Two minutes after finding out they were rich...no more work!!! Typical Dominicans!!!:cheeky: ;)

This makes my day!!!:bunny:

MQ

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Musicqueen said:
Taken from the News right here on DR1...Two minutes after finding out they were rich...no more work!!! Typical Dominicans!!!:cheeky: ;)

This makes my day!!!:bunny:

MQ

How dare they! quit their jobs ;) - man! I think I'm related to them, where are they Arroyo HOndo? where is that :cheeky:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Americans would quit their jobs too! Anyone would in this case :cheeky: :bunny:

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Maybe they are near retirement age and would like to enjoy their years doing other things instead of working for little wages to put food on the table. It's their choice to quit their jobs and should not be labelled the "typical Dominican" for doing so. Good for them.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Not only in the DR

Lottery winners in many countries quit their jobs after collecting their cheques .... in fact, I'm a member of a group that's been playing for the last 20 years and every member's objective is to retire immediately when we win :)

May 31, 2005
I know right.... I would quit my job too. I would probably get another easy going job with my millions in order to put my money to good use but I would not stay doing the same job after becoming a millionaire if I can have an easier life with an easier job.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
shadInToronto said:
Lottery winners in many countries quit their jobs after collecting their cheques .... in fact, I'm a member of a group that's been playing for the last 20 years and every member's objective is to retire immediately when we win :)

I hope you write about it on this site:) People in my office also have their resignation letters ready every time we buy a lottery ticket - don't know anyone who ever got to use that letter :ermm:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I'm dreaming

Dragonfly32837 said:
Not only retire but also buy a house in the Dominican Republic and who knows where else. LOL

I;ll definitly buy a house in the DR, where do u guys suggest I buy it??

somewhere by the ocean maybe on a hill overlooking the ocean :cheeky:

a penthouse in NYC overlooking central park

mmm where else, let's see.....

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I like to dream too ...

M.A.R. said:

How about Europe - Italy or Spain, South or France ... I would travel around the world to see everything :cheeky:

May 31, 2005
One of those luxury huts over the ocean that they have in fiji...

A house for going skiing in the Swiss Alps.

In the DR I would probably buy three homes. A luxury penthouse in Santo Domingo, a house in the campo near Jarabacoa, and a beach house in Punta Cana next to Shakira and Julio Iglesias. :)

Let me dream guys!!! :D

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hold your horses guy, you all need to win the lotto first. I see how some folks make a thread out of anything. I bet if tony farts, MQ would take a day off in celebration.
AZB

May 31, 2005
rellosk said:
That's why they sell so many of those Lottery tickets. "A Dollar And A Dream". :)
It is so funny but I never buy lottery tickets. How can I expect to win if I never play...

Do any of you guys actually buy lottery tickets?

Maybe I should start buying at least one. Somebody has to win it at some point.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
My suggestion

M.A.R. said:

You can see them Here

Third listing is mine .... just as soon as I win :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Chicas chicas

AZB said:
Hold your horses guy, you all need to win the lotto first. I see how some folks make a thread out of anything. I bet if tony farts, MQ would take a day off in celebration.
AZB

Don't fret AZB when I win the lottery I'll send you over some chicas and you can share in the fun.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Avrora said:
How about Europe - Italy or Spain, South or France ... I would travel around the world to see everything :cheeky:
What do you not understand about keeping you quotes DR related?

Chuckuindy

Status
Not open for further replies.