First timer, need help!

JMD

Aug 3, 2006
First time in DR and will stay in SP de Macoris. Can anyone help me with any advice about the place? Hotel, transportation and security or can we meet

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Hi ive answered because I can see you've made a few posts. Im afraid ive never been there sorry, im sure someone will be able to help. This is for Trip reports when you get back tho.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
why SP de Marcoris? Not much to do or see there...cept for beisbol later in the year.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Try this link for hotels.

http://www.paginasamarillas.com.do/...=Hotels&ciudad=SP&__totalCount=27&__pblnAPX=0

It will be in Spanish when you open it, but you if you prefer, you can click the "English" icon on the top of the page.

Your responses have been minimul because you didn't give us much to go on, and quite frankly, I don't think San Pedro is a place well known on this board. It is definately not a tourist destination, and I can't think of any frequent posters who live there.

Assuming you are flying into SDQ, you are about a 40 minute drive from San Pedro. I'd guess a taxifrom the airport would be 40-50 dollars. Public transport does not run from the airport. Your only other option is to hoof it about a half mile up to the highway and flag down a guagua, which would be about $2-3 to San Pedro.

I have no idea what you are asking about in reference to security.

I think you will get more and better responses if you provide some background on the purpose of your trip and ask more specific questions.

JMD

Aug 3, 2006
i need to do some printing, i am a publisher and someone told me it is cheaper over there

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
What kind of printing do you need done? Are there specific printers you are going to see? The printers of any gravis are in Santo Domingo. All the printing suppliers are there too. If you are making a trip to the DR to find a printer I am assuming you are looking for some serious printing. The best approach if you have not prequalified a printer is to meet with a printing supplier. They know who all the player are. Regardless, you would be better off making SDQ your base and take an excursion out to SP de M.