Net worth of some politicians

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I came upon this page http://www.seip.gov.do/ejecutivos.php?action=shw_gob which has the net worth "declaracion jurada" of some of the provincial governors. You just click on a name which will show you the picture of that person and a link to their net worth form.

They are all supposed to have done it but most have not. It was interesting to see the disparity in worth and how some of them from some of the smallest, poorest provinces are worth quite a bit of money while others suposedly do not. Of course we know that they are probably disclosing only about half of their real net worth.

I was really surprised to see that they disclose such things as bank account numbers, cedula numbers, cell phones, etc... Personally I think the net worth should be put there for everyone to see, but the other really personal information should not be shown. I think some professional thieves just haven't gotten a hold of this info yet or maybe they are afraid to mess with people of such influence as these are.