golf in Punta Cana

D

Dave

We are looking at going to one of the Barcelo Bavaro resorts in March. They say that golf is included. Does anyone know anything about the course? How about getting tee times? We also thought about Playa Grande, but it looks like the golf is not included at the resort anymore and I can't get any info on the rates there. Thanks

R

rick

Golf at Playa Grande is about $RD700 for 18 holes-cart is $RD350 and a caddy(obligatory)is $150 more or less-the course there is one of the prettiest I've ever seen and very tough.

The course at Punta Cana is nice but not not as pretty or as difficult as Playa Grande. The green fees were included the last time I played there

Playa Dorada in Puerto Plata is also very nice and the course Metro Hotel in Juan Dolio is very good

Hope you have a nice time Rick York

G

golfarch

Dave,

Last year I stayed and played at the Barcelo Bavaro Resort. I reviewed the course in a post I made then - sometime in February probably. look for it in the archives, or perhaps DR1 can post it here for you. If not, get back to me and I'll tell you what I can remember.