Continental and baggage

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I flew from EWR to STI on Mon July 24th and both of my bag we delayed. I received them on Tuesday at night! Then, I returned from STI to EWR on Mon July 31st and guess what? One of my two bags was delayed. I received on Tuesday night, at around 12.
Is this common with Continental Airlines? I've flown with them in the past and it never happened. Is this occurring often? Or is it only during high season?
I don't feel like flying with them again, eventhough I am a onepass member.
Any similar stories?

Jan 5, 2006
It's a common occurrence with Continental on the EWR-STI route. If you're lucky, not too many items were stolen from your bags before they made it to you.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I've flown the ewr-sti route about 6 times and I never had problems with the luggage making it. It has happened a few times on the ewr-sdq route, mainly during the Christmas season.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Same crap happened to me. Fill out a delayed luggage claim to get some free bucks. Max out on the claim with fake receipts.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Not just Continental. It is industry wide. Two years ago we flew United 4 different trips (Cayman, St.Lucia, Mexico and Hawaii) and on 8 consecutive flights our baggage was delayed. Learn to pack your meds, toothbrush and a change of clothes in your carry on.
Oh forgot last trip to DR on AA bags got there two days later.
I think it is part of the "I don't give a sh*t syndrome" that is prevalent in the airline industry.

Bob K

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Well, one thing I can say is that my luggage was intact. No items were lost. And I wanted to claim extra items with the receipts to get extra cash, but they got my bags, so I couldn't do it. But in general, I think it's a really bad syndrome like someone mentioned. I was lucky that I had all the necessary stuff in my carry on (toothbrush, deodorant, underwear, etc).

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
No items were lost. And I wanted to claim extra items with the receipts to get extra cash, but they got my bags, so I couldn't do it.

You are a WINNER today!

This has to be the most intelligent place to admit your intent of committing fraud. It's AY_holes like you that keep airfares and insurance rates at a peak.

Well done!

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
You are a WINNER today!

This has to be the most intelligent place to admit your intent of committing fraud. It's AY_holes like you that keep airfares and insurance rates at a peak.

Well done!

When I said that I meant in case I didn't get my bags. Or what you wanted me to do? To sit and cry because they didn't get my luggage?
Let's be realistic, anybody who lost luggage would do whatever it takes to get something back. Am I right or wrong? I wouldn't try to get money when I got my bags, why would I? But if didn't get them, of course! Continental would've known my name then.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Let's be realistic, anybody who lost luggage would do whatever it takes to get something back. Am I right or wrong?

You are right. Continental has a clear cut policy spelled out in black and white detailing compensation you are entitled to for lost or delayed luggage.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You are not entitled to commit FRAUD, move on already.

This is relavent to the OP post. It is not fraud. If your luggage is delayed Continental will compensate you. The site is down now but I believe it is $50 USD per day to purchase necessary items. If your luggage is delayed you should receive a reimbursement to at least pay for a change of drawers.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Frank Perdue of Mongering:

Don't forget to PM me with your newbie questions in a few days.
You have some issues my friend.