Travel to La Samana

MLtwin2

Aug 7, 2006
Going to La Samana in mid September. I'm single male traveling alone. Any suggestions where I should go? Las Terrenas, Las Galenas, Samana city?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Choice in Saman?

Going to La Samana in mid September. I'm single male traveling alone. Any suggestions where I should go? Las Terrenas, Las Galenas, Samana city?

Depending on your time and interests I suggest you visit all three (can be done in one day) and then decide where to stay.

m'frog

BTW, welcome to the board.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) Where are you landing?
2) Samaná, Las Galeras, and Las Terrenas are the names of the places.
3) There is local transportation that is cheap and efficient and more importantly, fun to use.

4) You will enjoy your stay. Accomodations are easy to find.

HB :D:D:D

MLtwin2

Aug 7, 2006
Going for business, first to Punta Cana but it ends in Puerto Plata. I am sticking around for an additional week for vacation. So I need to get from Puerto Plata to Samana on my own.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It might be easier to come to Santiago and catch one of the regular buses that leave here every couple of hours.
According to the guys on the North Coast, 'they' may have discontinued the very early morning bus that travelled the coastal highway around to Samaná. You can check on that in POP.

The buses from Santiago to Samana/Las Terrenas leave in the morning and afternoon.
They leave at 8:00; 9:30; 1:15 and 2:30 for Samaná. At 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for Las Terrenas.
YOu can call Patricia at 809 582 3328 to check.

HB

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I know I'll get beat up for this, but I'd suggest renting a car to get to and explore the Samana peninsula. You'll be able to see a great deal more of the area without spending time looking for transportation.

The town of Samana isn't much to see, but do drop by the market on hwy 5 just west of the roundabout as you get into town. Make sure to see Las Terrenas, Las Galenas and Playa Bonita.