Women's Hair, Dominican HairHot, sexy, suave..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I could use some suggestions. A fun thing--not very serious thread.
Week after next I am in SD and have been asked by a friend who is building a web site to take pictures (aLOT of pictures) of Dominicana's head shots . She is really interested in the hair. Young, old, rollers, beautiful, etc, etc.
I'm thinking salon in malls, calle, beauty salons, the obvious.
Any suggestions as to where else I might get creative shots?
OK I'm ready for the jokes.
Thanks in advance.
JOHN

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
At the universities, but in my opinion the best hair shot you can get is from a girl who has just gotten off a concho... very original.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
johne, how about an honest update on your business venture in SD? How is it coming along?
AZB

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OK so far

johne, how about an honest update on your business venture in SD? How is it coming along?
AZB

It's OK AZB but thank God I don't have to rely on it for my 3 meals a day. LOL. Because if I did I wouldn't need a diet plan.We have some of the usual problems of day to day life in SD the biggest being security . As it has been covered in so many posts here you know what I mean.
As far as being ripped off by Dominicans as an absentee owner that just doesnt happen.The store is run by 2 ladies that know what side of their bread is buttered on and from what I can see nothing is taken and the funds are deposited in my account. Inventory is correct except an occasional piece of cheap costume jewlery might be taken. Cant keep track of those pieces as they are worth about 10 cents each.
We are currently looking for a new store location and when we find something (part of what I am doing there the week of Aug20th) we will move out of the San Carlos area.
In the meantime I used the store/location to develope 2 other businesses
that are soon to be launched and when that happens (5-7 weeks) I will keep you posted.
Thanks for remembering my business.
JOHN

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Johne,

I have an interesting question for you. How are you going to persuade these ladies to let you take their pictures? Wouldn't you find it kind of weird if a stranger walked up to you and asked "may I take a picture of your hair" lol Or are you planning on doing this without them noticing like with a zoom lens or something? I'm just curious.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
The best days to shoot would be Saturday pm, Sunday, and Mondays. Other than those days, most dominicanas have their hair pinned up, waiting to go back to the Salon when they have money again.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well I could

Johne,

I have an interesting question for you. How are you going to persuade these ladies to let you take their pictures? Wouldn't you find it kind of weird if a stranger walked up to you and asked "may I take a picture of your hair" lol Or are you planning on doing this without them noticing like with a zoom lens or something? I'm just curious.
do it with my good looks....or if that fails..
Just shoot away.
I have found in the past that people in the DR almost feel kinda of honored if you want to take their picture----unlike NYC where they will call a cop.
JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
quite right

The best days to shoot would be Saturday pm, Sunday, and Mondays. Other than those days, most dominicanas have their hair pinned up, waiting to go back to the Salon when they have money again.

and want to take both of these kinds of pictures.Theme is Dominican beauty--and isnt "beauty in the eyes of the beholder"?