Anyone going too the DR parade?

D-Money

Apr 13, 2006
Anyone going too the DR parade in nyc this sunday?Its in manhattan in the avenue of the americas.I am waiting for the city to finally give us the parade on 5th avenue where it belongs.Dominicans owned bodegas, drive taxis, etc, they have benefited the city, we are hard working people.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Can you or someone explain what is the difference between having it on 5th avenue rather than 6th? I know 5th avenue is like the shiek/glamour avenue but really - what is the difference?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i think in the area where they are having the parade is taking them near central park which is bordered by 5th and 8th avenue. 6th ave stops at central park and 7th ave continues on the other side of the park. so to have it on 6th ave would have them detour around central park.

or maybe the parade starts at 5th ave because they want to run it up to washington heights (54th) which is where a lot of dominicans live.

lots of reasons but those are my guesses....

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
i think in the area where they are having the parade is taking them near central park which is bordered by 5th and 8th avenue. 6th ave stops at central park and 7th ave continues on the other side of the park. so to have it on 6th ave would have them detour around central park.

or maybe the parade starts at 5th ave because they want to run it up to washington heights (54th) which is where a lot of dominicans live.

lots of reasons but those are my guesses....
Kyle my friend yes you are making guesses.:ermm:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Can you or someone explain what is the difference between having it on 5th avenue rather than 6th? I know 5th avenue is like the shiek/glamour avenue but really - what is the difference?
I agree. Lots of other parades run along Madison Avenue. Others run along streets in the other boroughs. What is the big deal. I think its appropriate.