Dominicans in New Orleans

emee34

Aug 12, 2006
Hi all -
Am wondering if there are any Dominicans living in New Orleans...? I have a friend from Higuey who is planning to visit in the near future and is thinking of moving here. It would be great if he could connect with someone who could give him some perspective and advice. Thanks!

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Yes there are. Do a quicksearch on New Orleans and Louisiana and see what threads come up. There are some NOLA Dominican orgs as well that will be a great place to meet folks. I think they are fairly easy to meet. Listen to the radio and go to the latin clubs. You will find them there.

D

gv0928

Jan 10, 2007
It actually turns out I'm going to New Orleans for college (no longer Orlando, FL), so this is definitely of interest to me. I realize the topic is old, but I think a bump is in order.

Anyway, to re-iterate, I'm half Dominican, half Cuban, and it's looking like Loyola University New Orleans (might even be Tulane, still working on financial aid). I'm definitely close to my roots, so it's going to be difficult, but I'm sure there are Dominicans there to help smooth the transition.

Where you guys at?! lol

holita

Jun 6, 2006
I am half-dominican...and I live in New Orleans....though I am moving to DR this year. But, contact me if you would like to know there the latinos hang out....

Cuidate

gv0928

Jan 10, 2007
I am half-dominican...and I live in New Orleans....though I am moving to DR this year. But, contact me if you would like to know there the latinos hang out....

Cuidate

Hey - I've sent you a pm. Definitely interested in hearing about it!

Thanks!

LLT26

Oct 1, 2007
Are there any Dominican hairstylists/salons in New Orleans??
If anyone knows...please pass along the information as soon as possible.

LLT26

Oct 1, 2007
I managed to find a Dominican hairstylist on the Westbank. the address is Andrea's Beauty Salon 2120 Claire Ave, Gretna, LA...her names is Guillermina...verynice lady. she does hair by appt only, so you have to call for an appointment. 504-361-0348