What is the law on beating woman

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Hi,

Let me state that I don't believe in physical abuse.

Okay, my brother-in-law is going through a bad divorce in DR with US grown Dominica tiguera from Washington Heights. Well, she is making life difficult, not only for him, but for his family as well. His mother (my mother-in-law) already has a order of protection against her. Last night she went on a rampage to his grandmother's house with a baseball bat and threaten her and said nasty things to here, like "vieja del diablo porque no te mueres ya, me dan ganas de tumbarte de esa silla de ruedas" then she proceeded to his uncle's colmadito and started swinging at the empty milk crates. She then proceeded to another uncle's business near by and did the samething, plus threaten to kill their oldest daughter with the bat. Finally, she ended up at my mother's in-law house and started shouting nasty things.

Okay, the police came and took her away but the thing is while she was making all her shows she demandend someone to hit her "yo lo que quiero es que alguien me de". The family males in and neighbors won't dare to hold her or touch her because they think the new law protecting woman will send them to prison for a long time.

I told my wife that now they have a good reason to beat the shyte out of her because she is menacing and threatening with bodily injuries.

What is the law?

Again, I am not advocating for physical abuse or anything on those lines but this woman has hit the ball out of the ballpark with her rampage. At first in their trouble I use to support her but when she started threatening the rest of the family, that did it for me. She is one of those person that don't care what happen to her kids or herself.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
While you wait for a newer answer here is a reply from Mr Guzman taken from a few years ago

Art. 309 of the Dominican Penal Code was amended in 1997 to protect women from domestic violence. Penalties were increased to 1 to 5 years’ imprisonment (5 to 10 years with aggravating circumstances).

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Are there any laws protecting the men from the women (NOT being facetious here)? I know of a Dominican man that needs protection from his spouse, as well. Is the "woman" still in jail, or is she out on bribes? I hope all gets better for you and your family.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Are there any laws protecting the men from the women (NOT being facetious here)? I know of a Dominican man that needs protection from his spouse, as well. Is the "woman" still in jail, or is she out on bribes? I hope all gets better for you and your family.

She spent the night in jail and she has to go in front of a judge today. Let's see what happens.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Could she be trying to justify her actions by trying to get someone to hit her?
mkohn

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Could she be trying to justify her actions by trying to get someone to hit her?
mkohn

It is undeniable that she is trying to make her ex-husband (my brother in law) hit her to get him in trouble and this is why she is provoking him. I doubt, that any law exist that allows a female to assault a male and when he hits back, the only one going to jail will be him. There has to be more to this law than the polular puchline "You hit a female, you go to jail", that everyone believes.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Article 309

Article 309 of the Dominican penal code needs to be posted here.. I too am curious of the answer to th OP's Question...If anyone has a copy at hand please post it....This is a very interesting post........

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
all of you are crazy

I mean how could you ever think that hitting a woman would be ok?

I know she will pay for all that she is doing but how could you even consider hitting her... what's going to be next? she look at me the wrong way so I smacked her? come on...

If you hit a woman you go to jail period end that is it. Jesus !!!!!!!

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
MrMike

Its equal opportunity smackdown. You threaten me with a baseball bat, you get knocked the f@ck out.

No discrimination.

Thats what I'm asking about..I feel the same...You come at me with a bat you better make the first swing a good one..Make sure I don't get up...Does this article 309 have a self defense provision...Cause if you miss or tick me off with a split head I'm am comming back at you...NO DISCRIMINATION....How is this law defined...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Its equal opportunity smackdown. You threaten me with a baseball bat, you get knocked the f@ck out.

No discrimination.

I am a woman, and I completely agree. Crazy biatch comes at you with a baseball bat, take her down.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Equal opportunity

When a female puts themselves..... in a man's role, they become a man.

When a male cheats on a female.... the frying pan becomes fair game.

For many years in Brazil..... if you were caught cheating on your husband and prove it.... whatever, and still true today in certain places.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I mean how could you ever think that hitting a woman would be ok?

I know she will pay for all that she is doing but how could you even consider hitting her... what's going to be next? she look at me the wrong way so I smacked her? come on...

If you hit a woman you go to jail period end that is it. Jesus !!!!!!!

If the bitch comes at ME with a bat, well, what the hell is a man supposed to do-get pummeled? This is not about a woman looking at someone the wrong way-this is aggravated ASSault, as in-you're an ASS if you think a man or anyone else is supposed to just sit there while some bitch hammers you with a weapon or threatens to beat down your grandmother. Yeah, right.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
come on people

you really don't think you can take that bat away from that woman? I know some women are strong... but very few are stronger than a man you can take the bat away...

any ways it's a thin line between self defense and abuse....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
you really don't think you can take that bat away from that woman? I know some women are strong... but very few are stronger than a man you can take the bat away...

any ways it's a thin line between self defense and abuse....

while it's swinging at the man's head and hands, who has a better chance at survival??? if you think a Dominican woman, pumped full of p*ss and vinegar, as well as adrenalin, swinging a bat, is no match for a man, who will be surprised by the attack, I don't believe you're thinking very clearly. If she wants to act like a "man" (don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning or thinking that it's "right" for a man to abuse), let her take a licking like a man.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
"I am baaaaack babyyyyy!".

Listen man, she is not as tough as she wants you to believe. She is just trying to make a "show" because she wants people to think she means "business". Just note how she swings and hits things that are not "human".

Now, that said, the law protects women when a man hits her so:

What about when a woman beats the hell out of another woman?.

This situation is very easy to resolve:

Get a tiguera from the neighborhood, even if you have to pay her, and have her beat the living crap out of that troublemaker. End of problem. Play fire with fire and you will see that she is not that tough.

See, SOME Dominicans are a lot of talk and no action. When they see there's someone else tougher than them, they WILL calm down.

Knowing the Dominican prison reputation, I would not touch a female even if she comes at me with 20 bats, a granade, 10 knives and a war tank.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
i could care less about the DR law system. some woman comes at me with a knife or a bat I will give her a beating. Bare handed ok she can be restrained. But you add a weapon into the mix and shes intent on hurting me or killing me I WILL use force. If I feel my life is in danger I could care less about the law.