Winter Baseball Trip

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Hey all. I've been a lurker for a while, and have made a few posts. I'm looking to plan my first trip to the DR and was looking for some tips or advice. The Winter beisbol schedule came out the other day and I'd like to catch a few games.

My preliminary trip is as follows:

Flying from JFK to Santiago on Tuesday 12/19; seeing Los Gigantes del Cibao in San Francisco de Macoris that night, Las Aguilas in Santiago the following night, Licey in Santo Domingo on Wednesday night, then Azucareros in La Romana on Friday night. Saturday night I?ll do something non-baseball related, and then head home Sunday morning 12/24 in time for the holiday.

Anyway, how far is San Francisco de Macoris from Santiago, and how would I be able to get there if I wasn't renting a car? Same goes for getting from Santo Domingo to La Romana. I am sure getting from Santiago to Santo Domingo won?t be that much of an issue. Do you think this trip is feasible?

I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nice road trip planned!
If the games are at night, you will have "mucho problemas":laugh: :laugh:
Cab it, I hate to fathom the thought of taking a gua-gua from the Capital to La Romana, that is if you are able to catch the last one out and transfering somewhere around San Pedro, jeesh. I hope you are planning on crashing in those cities after the game, the daytime won't be as bad traveling.
But have fun!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Nice road trip planned!
Cab it, I hate to fathom the thought of taking a gua-gua from the Capital to La Romana, that is if you are able to catch the last one out and transfering somewhere around San Pedro, jeesh. I hope you are planning on crashing in those cities after the game, the daytime won't be as bad traveling.
None of the Winter League games start earlier than 5:00pm.

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Nice road trip planned!
But have fun!

I do plan on crashing in each respective city after the game and doing the bulk of my travelling during the day. I'm not sure about S.F.M. though, I'd rather make it back to Santiago for that night if possible. I'm not sure of the distance/time/cost between the two places.

None of the Winter League games start earlier than 5:00pm.

Yes, most seem to be either 7:35 or 8:05 pm.