Best Phone Card from Canada to DR

CrazyGurl

Apr 17, 2006
Does anyone have ideas on cheap phone cards to call from Canada to the Dominican Republic? I am looking for good quality line and of course the most affordable, biggest bang for the buck. If anyone has any suggestions, please post. Thanks in advance for the help.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Well I used to use phone cards and soon realized they are a rip off. First they take a percentage each time you make a call, and charge by the minute not the second for each call. You must use it within a certain period or you lose the remaining amount. Always read the fine print on the posters. So I signed up for a long distance plan on my Rogers home phone. I pay $1 per month for the service and it costs me .16 cents a minute. it's worth it, and you don't have to worry about buying more cards.

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
I call the DR alot.... and I use Ultra Vox...there is no connection fee and in fact you get a 25% bonus on the next card that you purchase, another card that I've also used is Ci Ci, again no connection fee, however I find that the connection is not always the best, the rates for both cards are good, but it all depends if you are calling to a cell phone or land line..that makes a big difference on the rate!!

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Does anyone have ideas on cheap phone cards to call from Canada to the Dominican Republic? I am looking for good quality line and of course the most affordable, biggest bang for the buck. If anyone has any suggestions, please post. Thanks in advance for the help.

I use Global Access. Their customer Service number is 1 877 360 8421 to find out where you might buy their card near you. (I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart) It is a $10 card and I can re-use it.

I call from my grandmothers phone to add more money to it, and I add $20 to it, but b/c I can re-use it I get it at a discount... they only charge her home phone bill $16. (I can't use my home bill, b/c I have Sprint on it and you can't re-load your card with a long distance savings plan on your home phone. So I go to my Grandmothers and pay her each month when the bill comes in)

I have been using this calling card for about a year now, and I love it. The lines you get are clear. It's about 0.16 a minute. Which is the best I could find. I use it while I'm away from home, on my cell or at work.

For $20 you get 120 minutes. And there is no connection fee. However, they do charge you a minute as you talk. So if you only talk for 40 seconds, it deducts a full minute.

Hope this helps.
Lisa

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
you should try ...

You should try Maximum Caribbean $5.00 you can talk for 1:35 mins. The other one is called Caribe Direct $5.00 you can talk for 1:10 mins. It is well worth it.

Customer service number: 1-888-282-0752

Cbello :cool:

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
U should try maximum americas for 5.00$ u can get 151 minutes to a land line and half of that to a cell phone line1

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Calling plan

Since I travel and I don't use a landline, I've been using Telehop's World Talk Service. I can top up my account with my credit card and in return they give me a local access number and a password that I can dial into from my cell phone or any landline or other cellphone. There is no card required. Right now their rate is $0.14 a minute which isn't the lowest, but I find it's the most dependable and the minutes they count are accurate. The minutes do not expire and I can call many other places around the world for different rates.

Dial 1-877-529-8153 and press 1. The only disadvantage is that they do not have an IVR where you can top up your account for yourself, and I haven't discovered a place where I can successfully top up online.

http://www.telehop.com/

They also have plans for landlines as well, although I can't speak to that since I haven't used it.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I've tried them all... and the best I've come across is G3telecom.com.

Log onto their website or call them and they send you a permanent card that you just recharge by Visa either over the phone or via internet. To call a land line in the DR is 8.5 cents and I believe cell phones are double that. Always clear reception and you get what you pay for.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
I have found this site to be the best place to get phone cards-I use the card "First". It is the cheapest I have found and I have used them all! This site will give you many different phone card options. You just need a visa # to purchase and they send you the information (phone # and pin) by email.

www.thephonecardstore.ca

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
www.looniecall.com gets billed to your home phone line and is 10 minutes for 1 dollar then .12 cents a minute after that, so that beats the .16 cents I am seeing. Very convenient too. Remember, this is to a land line, the rates are a bit higher if you are calling a cell.
Steve

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
forgot to mention

You should try Maximum Caribbean $5.00 you can talk for 1:35 mins. The other one is called Caribe Direct $5.00 you can talk for 1:10 mins. It is well worth it.

Customer service number: 1-888-282-0752

Cbello :cool:

$5.00 + 140 minutes + cell phone = BEST PRICES i've seen so far.