Air Transat to El Catey...confirmed!!!

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
go to www.exitnow.ca and you will see that flights become available in december. samana is now on list of dominican destinations!!!!! i tried it from montreal fyi.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That's great...another option for me. Onky problem I saw was that the prices are very high, but maybe it is because I looked in December.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
ok so let's assume the worst...that airport will be delayed until middle of next year, but at least the marketing for the area starts so that when airport is for sure up-and-running next winter it won't be from a dead start.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
air transat brochure

just came out this week. several pages on samana. looks great! pick one up at your local canadian tourist agency office - any tourist agent in canada should have a copy by now.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I don't know about the rest of the world but from Toronto they are offering flights to Samana starting in December.

Of course the prices seem high because they are in December - prime time for tourists as well as Dominicans going home for the holidays. My husband and I are going to POP for Christmas/New Years and had the choice between direct to POP or stop in Samana and then on to POP... NO THANKS!!! It might only been 20 minutes in the air BUT you have to stop, unload, reload, etc. and then your 3 hour 20 minute flight just became almost 4 1/2 to 5 hours. A good option though to keep in mind in the future.

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
hi, this is my first time at this page, so I start with somthing about me.
I´m leaving in samana city, I got my office right infront of PALACIO DE JUSTICIA. I´m on the real state business, donig saneamientos, lotifications, and legal assistance, as well as developing some eco-fuel project, anything you need to know about samana options you can contact me. There are very good oportunities for investing here, specially real state right now. Prices are rising fast but you still can buy pices of paradise beaches with white sand from 5 u$s m2, or lots with whale watching for 4us m2, but you need to kown who can you trust for buying.

SUPONGO QUE LOS MENSAJES NEGATIVOS SOBRE SAMANA TIENEN SU FUNDAMENTO EN QUE LOS QUE LOS PUBLICAN ESTAN HACIENDO MUY BUENOS NEGOCIOS EN ESTE AREA Y NO QUIEREN COMPARTIRLOS POR AHORA. ANALICEN Y SAQUEN SUS PROPIAS CONCLUSIONES, SUERTE.

tom

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
beachfront in samana for $5/sq mt??? maybe where the rockash is/was. don't count on it. do me a favour and advertise your land on your own website or dr1's real estate website. this thread was about something else, not bogus land for sale.

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
wish you were here

my dear jasper... i´m not trying to sell you anything, was some kind of introduccion about what I´m into.. I´ve already sell 3 propertys in this condicions, 222 TAREAS = 139615M2 u$s 698079, 40 TAREAS 25156 M2 U$S 176092, TAREAS 28300 M2 U$S 198100. And I´ve just finish messuring another that will be sell in similar situation. If you still don´t belive this, I can email you pictures of the lands I´ve already sold, because I don´t konw how to post them here.
ALL OF THEM, SEAFRONT WITH SAND. I´m sorry if you are handeling diffrent prices, that´s what is worship of been here and knowing landowners, oportunities and speaking their language.

ps: from now on I´ll take your advice about posting prices of land on this forum, I´m really not looking to sell anything by this webpage, and I also take your advice about buillding my own web for this. thanks...

no es mi intencion ofenderte pero mi gramatica en ingles es limitada y puede malinterpretarse por este motivo.
ps2: the tittle of this post has to do with the music I´m listening, thats all
SALUDOS,
TOM

Last edited:

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
fine. i just hope for the buyers' sakes that the titles aren't bogus. i know the area very well and prices. either the seller was very desperate or the property is far from the ocean. if the property is so great, you certainly sold way too cheap.

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
It´s me working out the title because, I´m donig the messuring of that area, i´ve already got the resolution, previus step for the title, thats one of the reasons for the lower prices. It´s true I should be asuming more risk buying a land before it gets the title, but I first study the history of the land I´m about to messure so I get sure that the one offering land is the one and only owner and no relatives can reclame for it´s posesion. That´s what it makes it a good deal. I know prices arround las galeras, los cacaos or las terrenas are in a diferent scale, but it has to do with diferent development of the areas, land owners are also desperate as usual. I can still mail you the pictures so you could see with your own eyes how far from the sea it is, and the sand on it´s coast wich is not only far away of the rockash, but also, in my opinion, one of the niceset virgin beaches in samana area-

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
propertys on the second line from the sea, what it means not touching but watching sea from part of the hils, with the same situation of needing messure, I´m treating with landowners for RD $10000 tarea . What it makes u$s 0.4968 m2 and selling them for much more after messuring.
Unfortunatly there are not soo many available in this same situation.

Last edited:

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
it?s true, but we all know more risk = more rentability, and there ara different ways of knowing for anticipate if you will have any trouble while you are waiting for title, you just need to know how and who you can buy. Thats why prices are that low. You should also considerate that even buying with title is risky because someone else could come with a older title from a superior courtroom or even claiming sucessors rights over your title. Some of the "succesors determinations (i?m not sure if this word exist) I?m working at, are on this same situation and court room has alredy order to abolish existing titles over that properties.

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
another issue to cosiderate is the new reform law of national parks and preserve areas, that applies in a diffrent way to each district, soo, you could buy a property with it?s legal titlle and if it?s affected by this law, you wont be able to use sell or construct on that property. So risk are everywere but you can always skip them if you got the corret info.