Dazed & Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's 4 AM, in the night of Wednesday the 16th to Thursday the 17th and Sosua is hopping like in the days of old.
Local police & military have been given the order to permit all establishments to remain open all night until midnight tonight, Thursday August 17th, contrary to what was announced in the newspapers, that the bars could stay open on Tuesday the 15th until 2 AM of Wednesday the 16th, which was an official countrywide holiday.
It's not clear if they are dazed & confused or if it is me (see http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34936&highlight=Dominically+Confused )
SNAFU

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Must be local, since the report from Larry in Jarabacoa was quite the contrary...

HB :ermm:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, it's an incredible difference in toleration, isn't it????

You;d think that in three weeks they'd get their sh!t straight!!

HB :D:D:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yeah, it's an incredible difference in toleration, isn't it????

You;d think that in three weeks they'd get their sh!t straight!!

HB :D:D:
That's why we like this place so much.
It's like living in the times of the Wild Wild West.
I'd hate it if it caught up to the industrialized nations.
I could list a million reasons, but how's this one?
Walk down to the local colmado and smile and say hi to everybody along the way.
It's 99% sure everybody smiles back and responds.
Do that in North America, and somebody's going to be advising a cop on the corner that you're strange, and maybe dangerous, and you could even be stopped by the cops to find out who you are and WTF you're doing.
I'll take the DR anyday.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
No doubt they partied late in Jarabacoa last night. You would think only commen sense would tell you that if there is a one night exception for a holiday, it would be the night BEFORE, because people don't need to get up for work the next morning.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
No doubt they partied late in Jarabacoa last night. You would think only commen sense would tell you that if there is a one night exception for a holiday, it would be the night BEFORE, because people don't need to get up for work the next morning.
That is exactly what the goverment ordered and it was published in all the papers, but as Hillbilly said, there are a few illiterates around.
I want Hillbilly for president.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Common sense may tell you that, but Dominican sense will tell you it's better to sleep it off on the boss's time rather than on a day off.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Common sense may tell you that, but Dominican sense will tell you it's better to sleep it off on the boss's time rather than on a day off.
You're getting too Dominicanized, Howmar.
You're understanding and accepting it all too easy.
Pretty soon you'll be applying for a job as an animation sanky at one of the AI resorts.
There is a cure for the infection that afflicts you, but you will have to consult doctor Alanindr for the antidote.
I'll send him a PM.
Hope it's not too late to save you.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Yes, the Doctor is in. I see Howmar with a condition, the result of which is total Dominicanization of himself. He is truly teetering on the brink.
The antidote and cure is a multi step program and seldom is successful.
First, give back all your poker winnings to those that have supported you for so long. Get out of the rut of winning, try the other side.
Second, start drinking excessively on a regular basis but only during waking hours. Either Ted or myself can lend assistance if you need it. Of course you will be expected to pick up the bar tab. Hey, proffessionals aren't cheap.
Give away your common sense and understanding. Become accepting of that which defies logic in civilized countries.
Then, you will have become Dominicanized, i.e. you've hit bottom. The only way from there is up.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Yes, the Doctor is in. I see Howmar with a condition, the result of which is total Dominicanization of himself. He is truly teetering on the brink.
The antidote and cure is a multi step program and seldom is successful.
First, give back all your poker winnings to those that have supported you for so long. Get out of the rut of winning, try the other side.
Second, start drinking excessively on a regular basis but only during waking hours. Either Ted or myself can lend assistance if you need it. Of course you will be expected to pick up the bar tab. Hey, proffessionals aren't cheap.
Give away your common sense and understanding. Become accepting of that which defies logic in civilized countries.
Then, you will have become Dominicanized, i.e. you've hit bottom. The only way from there is up.

Talk about becoming Dominicanized. Here you are offering me a three-step program when 12-step programs are the standard in the rest of the world.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Talk about becoming Dominicanized. Here you are offering me a three-step program when 12-step programs are the standard in the rest of the world.
We called an emergency meeting, led by Doctor Alan himself, and we all felt that you were too dominicanized to handle the 12 step program.
Little steps.
Little baby steps !!!!

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
I am Dominican and three steps is all I can do in one day. Maybe ma?ana, which will not be tomorrow, i'll come up with an additional step.
You're fighting it, just relax and let yourself go.
Sure wish the Procrastinators Club would get around to voting me in.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Problem with the three-step Dominicanization Program is that it is one step forward and two steps backward.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I am Dominican and three steps is all I can do in one day. Maybe ma?ana, which will not be tomorrow, i'll come up with an additional step.
You're fighting it, just relax and let yourself go.
Sure wish the Procrastinators Club would get around to voting me in.

Being Domincan is the least of your problems.
AlaninDR said:
To those who have not met me.....imagine a morbidly obese cross dresser at the table wearing a g-string with a prosthetic leg, Edward Scissorhands arm, glass eye and colostomy bag.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Problem with the three-step Dominicanization Program is that it is one step forward and two steps backward.

Us Dominicans are just very efficient in our actions, liquid in motion which is why we have rythym and you pasty white boys don't.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Being Domincan is the least of your problems.

Now you've gone too far. I'm deciding to challenge you to a duel. Colostomy bags at five paces, let the shyt fly. But i'm warning you, I have a zip prosthetic leg concealed in my g string.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Now you've gone too far. I'm deciding to challenge you to a duel. Colostomy bags at five paces, let the shyt fly. But i'm warning you, I have a zip prosthetic leg concealed in my g string.

Which is your glass eye? I want to stay on your blind side. I can't tell. By the time you make your last bet in poker, both eyes look glassy.

Status
Not open for further replies.