I am OUT OF HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LatinGuyNY

I love Dominicans!
Aug 12, 2006
It?s unfortunate that the thread ?Are DR and PR really the same?? was Closed. I can see why they closed it, it was completely off the topic most of the time and some people were disrespectful and rude to Puerto Ricans.

I am in your house, so as angry as I got, I didn?t act like some Dominicans that made the moderators close this thread. I am Puerto Rican and some remarks on this thread made about PR?s and Puerto Rico were so immature. Most of the thread was educational to me because I learned more on how Dominicans feel about PR?s.

I have emailed some of the links from this forum to several Puerto Rican web sites for their review. At first I stumbled on this forum because I and some of my friends were planning on going the DR on vacation. Unfortunately I got together with my friends and I told them that I decided not to go the DR. Since my friends are of different ethic groups and have never been to PR, we decided to go to Puerto Rico instead. I am not saying that all Dominicans feel the way that I have read on this forum, but I lost my desire to go the DR, this forum but a stain on it for me.

The thread in question is: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53030

And this one is the worst: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17787&highlight=boricua

I was wondering why some PR?s don?t like Dominicans, and this forum answered a lot of those questions. I was raised to respect people no matter where they came from. I am glad my parents raised me that way, I can see how tolerant I was on this forum, anyone else would have answered negatively and that thread would have been closed a long time ago. You know people from other cultures come on this forum and this is what they are going to read. Like the title of this thread ?I am out of here?, have a nice life.

LatinGuyNY

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Grow up!.

It’s unfortunate that the thread “Are DR and PR really the same?” was Closed. I can see why they closed it, it was completely off the topic most of the time and some people were disrespectful and rude to Puerto Ricans.

I am in your house, so as angry as I got, I didn’t act like some Dominicans that made the moderators close this thread. I am Puerto Rican and some remarks on this thread made about PR’s and Puerto Rico were so immature. Most of the thread was educational to me because I learned more on how Dominicans feel about PR’s.

I have emailed some of the links from this forum to several Puerto Rican web sites for their review. At first I stumbled on this forum because I and some of my friends were planning on going the DR on vacation. Unfortunately I got together with my friends and I told them that I decided not to go the DR. Since my friends are of different ethic groups and have never been to PR, we decided to go to Puerto Rico instead. I am not saying that all Dominicans feel the way that I have read on this forum, but I lost my desire to go the DR, this forum but a stain on it for me.

The thread in question is: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53030

And this one is the worst: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17787&highlight=boricua

I was wondering why some PR’s don’t like Dominicans, and this forum answered a lot of those questions. I was raised to respect people no matter where they came from. I am glad my parents raised me that way, I can see how tolerant I was on this forum, anyone else would have answered negatively and that thread would have been closed a long time ago. You know people from other cultures come on this forum and this is what they are going to read. Like the title of this thread “I am out of here”, have a nice life.

LatinGuyNY
You are being a little melodramatic.

I am very dissapointed at you.

Don't you see that by you leaving, those whom you claim have given Puerto Rico "bad publicity", if you will, win. Why let them win?. Stand and make them see that they are wrong.

I may add that you are doing EXACTLY the same thing you are accusing them of. Why not go to the DR?. The DR did NOTHING to you. Now you are acting biased for the sins of others.

See, since I am a "fighter" and I let NOBODY "have one over me", I would had stayed and give those people HELL!. I would try to make them change their opinion of PRicans. If I were you, when I saw ANYBODY say anything bad about PR, I would say 5 good things!.

See, for me, just proving ONE person wrong is priceless.

In any case, if you still decide to go, good bye but next time just be a little less sensitive. Next time just give them hell without looking back.

Just know that NOT ALL DOMINICANS FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT PUERTO RICO AND IT'S PEOPLE!.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Very few members of this site are Dominican so maybe what you found offensive wasn't said by Dominicans. ;)

You also took offense to a joke made by a Puerto Rican woman. ;)

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
AnnaC is right, there are few dominicans on this website (just look at the polls). I am one of them. I have never said anything like "I hate Puerto Ricans." I am fortunate to know both cultures well and see where both come from, the circumstances, and why the are the way they are. I have many friends of both countries.

I've said before that Dominicans in the DR love Puerto Ricans and know nothing of the silly animosity that may exist between SOME of both groups in PR and the US. I suggest you read the history of both countries (well, of the DR bc it seems as though you know PR's) and go to DR w/ out bias to better understand things.

You putting those threads onto a PR forum will not help in any way. And Miguel is right, you are being just like those ignorant dominicans; accepting only the things that benefit your stance on this issue: "dominicans hate puerto ricans"...overall this is far from the truth and its unfortunate you leave with this idea in your mind and what's more, you're going to spread it to other websites for their "review."

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.