Fire Hydrant?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmm...I remember we used to have them in my hometown. Apparently back when Trujillo was in power they used to put them up when they built new roads. Now that you mention it I don't know if there are any left in my hometown...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Good question to ask is why so few fire hydrants in the DR. Now that I think of it in the neighborhood in Santiago where my mom lives in I did not see any. Perhaps because of the materials used to make homes are fire retartant or something. I'm sure some members living on the island might have an answer.:ermm:

Ps link is hilarious.

Last edited:

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Good question to ask is why so few fire hydrants in the DR. Now that I think of it in the neighborhood in Santiago where my mom lives in I did not see any. Perhaps because of the materials used to make homes are fire retartant or something. I'm sure some members living on the island might have an answer.:ermm:

Ps link is hilarious.

perhaps b/c there is no water to fill them with so they figure, why bother :confused:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Why are there so few hydrants? The answer may be found in why there are so few fires.

Regards,
PJT