To stay in dominican r?public

S

Sophie

Hi, I'am French and i go to the R?p.Dom. at the end of january. My boyfriend is there since two weeks and works for a sailing club in the north of the island. Me In first I go there like a turist. That no problem. But after I would like to stay there with him. What is the facilities to stay ? The ambassy tell me it was too difficult to have visa of residant. please tell to me what about this. I would like to work too. Now I work in turism like saleman for ascuba diving club in Guadelupe,in hotels etc... I speak french, english and spanish very well. So I think I won't problem to find one. Thank you in advance for your answer. See you soon. Yours faithfully. Sophie

T

Tom

It is probably best to check it out a see if you like it. Working in tourism doesn't pay a lot of money unless you sell something and get commissions. I have met a number of ex-pats who live on US$1000 a month working for tour operators, hotels and small businesses, some less. It will be about US$300/month for a decent place to live and more like $500-$600 is you like to be comfortable. Your boyfried should have figured out how the whole thing works by now.

S

Segolene

Sophie,

J'ai exerc? comme instit' ? Las Terrenas (cote nord)pendant 2 ans. Nombre de mes amis, poss?dant des commerces li?s au tourisme (excursions, hotels, restaurants)ont acquis la r?sidence dominicaine. D'apr?s mes souvenirs,les deux ?l?ments pr?pond?rants pour l'obtention de ce titre ?taient le nombre d'ann?es pass?es sur place et...les sommes investies dans l'?conomie locale. Cependant, et cela n'engage que moi, je n'ai jamais eu ? prouver quoi que ce soit au niveau administratif. Bon s?jour,? n'en pas douter...tu seras conquise ;o))

S?gol?ne