IKEA Style furniture?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Is there anywhere in Santo Domingo I can find IKEA style furniture? Or just some modern furniture, not all this caoba crap they love down here.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Not in St Domingo but on the north coast, some bizar cool lounge pillows! They are 1.80 by 1.40. Extreme hotel has them if you want to see them. They are produced here in Cabarete. I will send you a link by PM.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Hache carries some IKEA style furniture, (at about 5x what you would pay for it in the states) In spite of this I bought some myself since there really aren't many alternatives and I don't like typical Domincan furniture much, except the rattan and bamboo stuff which is great to look at but pretty uncomfortable for general couch-potato (in)activities.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In addition to the places mentioned in the linked thread, I saw some OK stuff at Conforama in Megacentro (Zona Oriental, Santo Domingo) several months ago - not as cheap as IKEA or as nice.

BTW has anyone heard the rumour about IKEA coming to the DR? What was Pib doing on her holidays, I wonder.:cheeky: