UPS OR Fed Ex

On Vacation!
Feb 18, 2005
could someone tell me if there is a UPS or Fed ex office in Sosua and is it expencive to send letter to the US from here.

Thank you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is very expensive. As you will soon find out!
You have to go to Puerto Plata for service by either of these companies or DHL.
HB :D:D

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The EPS office on Pedro Clisante in Sosua can send either one for you.

#12 Pedro Clisante 809-571-3451.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
could someone tell me if there is a UPS or Fed ex office in Sosua and is it expencive to send letter to the US from here.

Thank you

If it's just a letter, why send it by FedEx or UPS? Find a tourist from the U.S. that you trust and ask them to take the letter and post it in the U.S. when they land. Buy them a beer or two and I'm sure anyone would be willing. Also, some hotels have a mailbox that you can put letters in and they make sure they are posted to whatever country they are addressed to.

I've done this myself on occasion without a problem.

gleeben

Jun 7, 2006
what about an e-mail???

... you can even mail a scanned copy of the letter you intend to send. lol

dabl

Apr 23, 2006
There is UPS Office in Sosua. It's near a Supermercado Producto Sosua over the street.
It's expensive but Fast. I sent one letter to Wanshington. It cost me 50$ and they got a letter for 2 days.

bhale

Mar 1, 2004
I'm considering moving to the DR soon. I like to order books and CD's from Amazon.com. How could I get these items delivered without getting hammered by UPS,Fedex, etc.? I understand I have to have a foreign PO box which will forward, but forward to who?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An example

You go to Puerto Plata and sign up with Business Mail or with EPS there in Sosúa (much more expensive IMO)

Business Mail will give you an ID number and you have evrything sent to an address that looks like this

Joe Schmooker (P-345)
3508 NW 114 Ave
Doral, FL 33178

Business Mail will call you when the package come in and you just pay the freight from Miami to here. A whole lot cheaper than Fedex or the other couriers, but it takes a bit longer, so what , the wait is worth it.

HB 2¢ worth