Mail Delivery

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
How is mail delivery arranged for in Sosua?? Will be living in a condo that does not have delivery as far as I know now!

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
I don't know about Sosua but here in Punta Cana there is NO mail delivery. Our electric and cable bills are slipped under the door and payments are made in person at their offices! It takes some getting used to but hopefully progress will come soon. We hear that a local businessman is trying to form an organized postal service. Well for now thank goodness for the internet.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
There is no mail. Set up an account with EPS in Sosua it will give you a post office box in Miami for yor mail to go to then it will be forwarded to the EPS office in Sosua. Angie has the office I am not sure of the address but it is accross the street from Briatnia Bar.

Bob K

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I am certain there will be a few things I need to get used to, but that is all part of the journey. Thanks!

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
How is mail delivery arranged for in Sosua?? Will be living in a condo that does not have delivery as far as I know now!

there isn't a way. if you have a bill, it will be hand delivered by the utility company - that's all the mail you are going to get. if you are waiting for a post card - forget it.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Sosua Post Office

There are old threads on this. Sosua post office is next door to Edenorte office. You pay around 1000 pesos for a box and collect your mail from there. It works fine for credit card statements / bank statements / tax invoices etc. Don't use it for gifts or Birthday cards - I got a Christmas card last month. The guy there does his best and seems like a nice chap.

EPS is VERY expensive.

The local Germans use a system that I believe is run from the shops where the German Butcher and DVD / Video rental store is. I've heard it is not very expensive and naturally, being German is ultra-efficient. Perhaps someone knows more about this system?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Other Mail Services?? POP??

I may be worth a trip to POP to pick up your mail, perhaps every 7, 14, 21 days? There are 2 honest & competent mail services in POP: Business Mail, Plaza Turisol, & Xmail, 12 de Julio, near the RUSA Cambio. Both might be worth investigating. Inconvenient? Perhaps. The lesser of 4 evils? Time will tell. Good luck.