Punta Cana all-inclusives

moomtis

Aug 24, 2006
Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to the DR for the fall. Since we have never been, I was hoping I could get some insights into good resorts. We're late 20s, big eaters, enjoy going out to the bars, and lazy time at the beach. Romantic is ideal, but we'd still like to be close to the action. It would be cool to meet new people as well, close to our age. Any ideas?

thanks.

moomtis

Aug 24, 2006
We've received some recommendations from friends: Secrets, Iberostar, Paradisus, Palladium, Melia Caribe. But I've read good and bad reviews about each. If anyone can help me narrow the list, that would be great!

brianm

Nov 23, 2004
Speaking from my experience, Iberostar is your best bet, especially the Bavaro Suites. Iberostar has 3 hotels at that location, Bavaro being the better however, you get rights to the other two hotels. Iberostar is also next to the RIU, which has five hotels now. Secrets is nice for romantics, but it is generally off by itself. Melia is very nice too. Haven't been to Palladium. Remember, reviews you read were from others who may, or may not, share your ideas of a nice vacation. Plus, the majority of people that actually write reviews are people who unfortunately did not experienced a good time and want to vent.

Not sure what your exactly looking for in your vacation, but PC is not a party place that you would traditionally see with places like Cancun or Playa de Carmen. PC is mostly made up of AI's with no "downtown" action. The action your going to get is typically that of your resort, many of which have several bars or lounges. You can wander outside, but that's limited as well and not near as much to do as in other locations like PP or Sousa, as one of the previous respondant's indicated. Also, fall is low travel season, so there will not be the crowds you may think.

What you will get at PC is some of the most beautiful beaches and a relaxing time.

Hope this kinda helps.

Brian.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
I'm going to jump on this bandwagon..

Sorry if this hijacks your thread but it is still somewhat related...

I too am planning a trip to the DR with my mom (I'm 26, she's 50 somethin). We're planning on going for two weeks leaving on December 30. I've looked into a few of the hotels and the ones that are on our very short list (mainly due to price) are:
1. LTI Beach Resort
2. Breezes Punta Cana

I am curious though about the distance of these two hotels to Occidental Grand Punta Cana. I've read that the Mangu disco in this resort is one of the "happenin" places in PUC. Since this will be the first time I'll be travellin to the DR without my crew, I'd like to be somewhere close to where the "action" is. I'm not really lookin for a hardcore party type of vacation (have done the PDC, CUN, POP a few times now) and in my older age I'm going straight for the beach (and well maybe a wee lil bit of partyin lol).

Your thoughts?

D.

Last edited:
We've received some recommendations from friends: Secrets, Iberostar, Paradisus, Palladium, Melia Caribe. But I've read good and bad reviews about each. If anyone can help me narrow the list, that would be great!

Secrets..expensive and out of the way. A longs ways north.

Iberostar excellent close to the center of the Bavaro beach area.

Paradissus exquisite and you will pay for it.

Melia also very nice but expensive.

Palladium, 3 resorts, Bavaro, Palace and Punta Cana, stay at one play at all 3 best bang for your buck, close to the disco Mangu in Cortecito also.

So now the populace can rip my comments.

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Iberostar Bavaro-
All ages, excellent staff, Beautiful beach, pool, food, etc. Stayed there 8 times and still go back to visit even thought we now have our own condo in Punta Cana.

mdbayboater

Aug 26, 2006
www.myspace.com
Enroute

Hello all,

Newbie to the site, I will be heading down to Punta Cana on an AI from 8 to 15 September. I'll be coming down with a co-worker, so if anyone else will be in the area during that time frame PM me.

Regards,

Jerry