Hacienda Tropical

T

Tish Hawkey

We are travelling to the Hacienda Tropical @ Cofressi in February this year with our children and would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there ie general standard of the rooms do's and dont's and anything to look out for. Also as two of my children are from a previous marriage and therefore have a different surname from mine do we need any other documents both children are on mine & my husbands passports. I have had conflicting info from the embassy they say just take birth cerificates and marriage license but i have heard i need a sworn statement from their father Help!! Many thanks in advance

L

Les

We were there last year. The condition of the rooms varied some were brand new and very nice but the older rooms would best be described as adequate. It is possible to change rooms but you have to wait until the next check out time and be prepared to move quickly. If you are travelling with a tour company you are best off handling any concerns through your onsite rep rather than the front desk staff (they are friendly but not real helpful). We experienced frequent power outages in our room so I would suggest you bring a flashlight. The ocean can be rough there at times so extra caution with children is recommended. There are lots of reviews on a site called "Debbies Dominican Republic" including a review that we wrote last year with alot more detail. A definate must is a restaurant called Chris and Mady's which is a short walk from the tropical. Have fun.

C

Cindy

We stayed at the Hacienda Tropical last April for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. You should definately check out Debbies site for all kinds of info and check out the reviews -- there are 29 on the Hacienda Tropical alone. We sent a review of our trip together with some photo's of the resort. You will have a wonderful time -- just relax and enjoy yourselves. Debbies site has info on most aspects of DR -- you should find answers to most of your questions. See link below: