I am looking for a new car. 2006

Arturo.Libre

Mar 22, 2006
Kia perhaps or something you see around a lot. Low milage or brand new, great shape. Moving down to Cabarete Sept. 10th 2006 - Might have to go to Santo Domingo if need be to buy one. Any ideas? Thanks a million !!

Arturo

Arturo@ins.com

" Gracias por el consejo. " ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would stick with a Toyota, Mitsubishi or Nissan personally.
Lots of them about, plenty of parts and dealers that can fix or service etc.

I would wait until you actually arrive. You cannot do anything from a distance.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I concur with Robert on this. When you arrive, go see Rocky and take a trip to Espaillat Motors in Moca. People in my family have been buying vehicles from them for more than five decades..Word.

You can also go to one of the largest importers, Ochoa, in Santiago. that guy buys whole boatloads of vehicles...

Daihatsu, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi and other Korean and Japanese makers have a good reputation.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I concur with Robert on this. When you arrive, go see Rocky and take a trip to Espaillat Motors in Moca. People in my family have been buying vehicles from them for more than five decades..Word.

You can also go to one of the largest importers, Ochoa, in Santiago. that guy buys whole boatloads of vehicles...

Daihatsu, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi and other Korean and Japanese makers have a good reputation.

HB
I wonder where'd you get THIS serviced in the DR:

ThereisnointheDR.jpg

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I am thrilled with my Daihatsu Terios. It's cheap, easy to maintain (very popular in the DR) and has that great Japanese quality and reliability. I strongly recomment it. - D

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
youd probably fly in the mechanic with the parts and rent a garage for him to use. if you can afford the car you can afford the service.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
First Sighting in 2004. Photo from 2005.

I too saw that car in Boca Chica around two years ago, just driving around, I figured it was some baseball players ride.
Some middle-aged Italian guy owns it. I think he lives in Boca Chica.

BTW: The photo was taken in Boca Chica, across the street from the Azzurra Hotel (2 blocks from the police station) on San Rafael.

-Helpmann :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There are so many Hummers, porche, ferraris and lamborginis that there has to be some special repair shops to cater to these clients. I bet in santo domingo there are a few places.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have official Ferrari, Porsche and Bentley dealers here in SD, so I'm sure it's not a problem.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
THAT PHOTO was NOT taken in Boca Chica. That was taken in Santiago in front of the Hotel Gran Almirante on Estrella Sadhalá...just a few blocks from here.

Nice ride, but I can get to the beach faster in my Honda FIT!!!:p:p

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
THAT PHOTO was NOT taken in Boca Chica. That was taken in Santiago in front of the Hotel Gran Almirante on Estrella Sadhal?...just a few blocks from here.

Nice ride, but I can get to the beach faster in my Honda FIT!!!:p:p

HB
I took that in Jan '05 in front of the Gran Almirante. Coulda been a baseball player. It parked in the same spot for 3 days.

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
Nissan - Apollo Dealer Puerto Plata

DR-oners,
I bought my new nissan x-trail at the nissan dealer puerto plata : apollo motors.

I am very satisfied of the car and the dealer, Pablo and Paul Brugal. Correct and very serious.

Wish you all the best.

Hiram

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I went to Veras auto in autopista duarte at the first entrance of airport road (actually an exit out of the airport to auto pista duarte if you are going on autopista duarte from santiago). their prices are great and cars are in best condition. I was able to buy a nice camry LE 2000 in perfect condition, almost new, still with new car smell for about 1000 dollars less than other dealers. my car is in new condition with original mileage not the reversed meter mileage that many seem to sell.
I highly advice anyone to buy from there as their prices are lower than even moca. You must negociate the prices. I got what I asked for and I am very happy.
Today I installed chinese made multilock clone and a K9 alarm, both for 5800 pesos, installed. The original multilock alone would have cost me 8500 pesos. The clone is exactly the same and works just as good, clean installation and only costs 3500, installed.
Send me PMs for more info.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was able to buy a nice camry LE 2000 in perfect condition, almost new, still with new car smell for about 1000 dollars less than other dealers. my car is in new condition with original mileage not the reversed meter mileage that many seem to sell.

Just out of curiosity, did you CarFax it?