Coral Marian Beach Update

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hi Everyone-

My mom just got a call, from selloffvacations.com advising that the beach at the Coral Marian By Hiton, in Puerto Plata, would be closed due to renovations. She is staying at the Coral, in the beginning of Sept.

I'm not sure if this is an extension of the work being done from Long Beach, and the Malecon.

Selloffvacations advised to call them back to advise whether she wanted to cancel and get a full refund, or re-book at a different time. The hotel has free shuttle service 9am-5pm (every hour on the hour) to the beach at Jack Tar, plus having lounge chairs and activities over there, part of the AI pkg, and a BBQ and snacks that would be free for the guests.

Just thought I would let everyone know who is heading down to the Coral in Puerto Plata in the next few weeks. I'm not sure if this extends over to the Iberostar next door....or not.

Thanks
lisa

Hi Everyone-

I'm not sure if this is an extension of the work being done from Long Beach, and the Malecon.

Definitely is, there is another post that the beach is closed at the Ibersotar next door for the whole month. the Jack Tar beach they speak of is the Holiday Golden resort.

Personally I would rebook. Coral and Iberostar sharing the beach with the Holiday Golden resort certainly will be crowded.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Personally I would rebook. Coral and Iberostar sharing the beach with the Holiday Golden resort certainly will be crowded.
I don't think so as Holiday Golden Resort isn't scheduled to reopen until December. Still undergoing renovations.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
[/QUOTE]Personally I would rebook. Coral and Iberostar sharing the beach with the Holiday Golden resort certainly will be crowded.[/QUOTE]

My mom is usually around the pool anyways, if she stays on the resort. For the most part she's out and about with myself and my husband in the city.