taxi for a day?

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Pending any hurricane situation, I am coming to PC for three days next week. I am considering hiring a taxi for the whole day for at least one of those days.

Does anyone know the current price for doing this? It would not have to be a van.

Also, will probably stay in Cortecito again--if that's the name of the hotel across the street from Captain's something or other restaurant. Any specific names would help me too. I am getting forgetful--but I stayed there a few years ago and it was good enough for me.

Thanks

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Pending any hurricane situation, I am coming to PC for three days next week. I am considering hiring a taxi for the whole day for at least one of those days.

Does anyone know the current price for doing this? It would not have to be a van.

Also, will probably stay in Cortecito again--if that's the name of the hotel across the street from Captain's something or other restaurant. Any specific names would help me too. I am getting forgetful--but I stayed there a few years ago and it was good enough for me.

Thanks

I think the hotel you're thinking about is Cortecito Inn. As for the taxi, where are you planning on travelling to?

abe

Jan 2, 2002
I wanted someone to drive me around many of the Punta Cana resorts for a "scouting trip"--I used to retain a driver for the day on the North Coast and wanted to do the same thing here.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes Abe, it is the Cortecito Inn in El Cortecito, on the corner across the street the La Poseida de Piedra is a good choice, too. to hire a cab driver you have to talk to the cab guys right in front, they are located beside the entrance of the supermarket Amalia, the supermarket of Capitan Cook in front of the restaurant's entrance, you deal with them in person but they won't be very cheap for a whole day man, count on a 100-150 dollars for that. we have two reliable cab companies here in the area, both are located at the same spot besides the supermarkets entrance. make with them a roundtrip deal, write down the spots you want to visit that day so they can tell you how much it will be.
have fun
Mike