Bar closing time extended

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
Extended to 1 am during the week and 2am closing time for weekends remains the same. This measure will be re-evauated in one month's time, and the decision will be taken then as to whether or not closing times may be extended further [2am duuring the week and 4am at the weekends].

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
Extended to 1 am during the week and 2am closing time for weekends remains the same. This measure will be re-evauated in one month's time, and the decision will be taken then as to whether or not closing times may be extended further [2am duuring the week and 4am at the weekends].

Again.
Where are you obtaining this information?
;)

redfish

Aug 25, 2006
i dont think closing bars will stop crime in the dr, the same people will still be doing the same thing only earlier

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
OK, so If I comprehend correctly this is a special dispensation for the tourist areas of Sosua and Cabarete, not a blanket change for the whole country.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
That is good news but I have seen no evidence to support a correlation to the ridiculous bar closing time of midnight.

I would think the stepped up police and military presence deserves the credit and I hope they continue.
I agree with you, I think it's the added police presence that has helped, not the early closings.

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Confusing News Re Amended Closing Times

So last week on Tuesday or Wednesday the President said in the (OFFICIAL NEWS) that he has no intention of changing the hours even in the tourist areas. Where in the OFFICIAL NEWS does it say that the bars can stay open until 1:00 during the week? So are you saying that this is only an exception for Sosua and Caberete...........................................ummmmmmmm?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Monday to Thursday - closing time 1pm
Friday to Saturday - closing time 2pm

Only for Tourist Zones.
In Sosua, this is only El Batey
In Cabarete, this is the area between the Wyndham Tangerine to the Velero Hotel and in the road up to Para?so del Sol.

Not quite sure of the piece that says "y luego en el ?rea de Camino y Para?so del Sol". I know what it means, but cannot figure which exact area they mean... i.e, what is included and what is excluded beyond the Velero.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
That is good news but I have seen no evidence to support a correlation to the ridiculous bar closing time of midnight.

I would think the stepped up police and military presence deserves the credit and I hope they continue.

I agree with you the presence is the reason. I think one reason why the government decided on these early closings was to make some kind of strong and dramatic statement, although its just peripheral for the drop in crime.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
yes i definitely am curious what other areas of the country now have the extended hour during the week also?