want to dance professionaly in DR

Elisha16

Aug 27, 2006
does anyone know any professional contacts i.e coreographer at the occidental allegro playa dorada for information about becoming a show dancer in the DR. I love it in DR and have had 5 vacations there so far. I attend a dance school at home since i was 4, would also look for work within another hotel group santo domingo area etc..

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1

Did you in any of your 5 trips ask anyone how much money they make dancing? Would you be interested in working 12 hrs a day for about 200 US dollars a month?

Elisha16

Aug 27, 2006
no i dont want to dance for the rest of my life in the DR. I love the music and id like the oppertunity to work in DR, i just love it there. Work experience is what im looking for, for aproximatly 6 months and come home before applying to a dance college in the usa. :)

any professional contacts would be thankfull.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You would have to go to Santo Domingo for that to happen. Auditions and so forth.
Short odds that anything would happen. Nice dream, however.

HB :(

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have heard of foreigners being hired to dance with various hotels. Do you have a CV of your training and experience? Send me a PM and I will see if I can be of some assistance. I live and work in Puerto Plata.

Anna is right, can you live on next to nothing??? The work is hard and the hours long and the competition for these jobs is steep!