Vote for Pib, Ilana etc...!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We all strive for recognition; it?s human nature. Even those kept humble by their faith expect some perks - and perhaps a gold watch - once they reach Heaven, Valhalla, Nirvana (or whatever their intended destination after they shuffle off their mortal coil). A pat on the back is nice, some form of tangible recognition is better.

So, a propos of what am I bringing this up? Well, http://DominicanCooking.com has been nominated to the Arroba de Oro (the Golden @) in the category of Art and Culture. And while an award with such an, er? original (?) name as the Golden @ is not up there with the Oscars, it would be good PR for our little community.

Arroba de Oro is taking a vote open to the general public. We would like to invite you to vote for the most fantabulous site in the net, but since that one is not participating go ahead and vote for us. Go to http://www.arrobadeoro.com/2006/do/votar.asp register and vote for DominicanCooking.com in the Arte category.

And in the words of a sage politician, ?vote early, vote often? (I swear he wasn?t Dominican).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It was easier than I thought

all you need is your
Cuenta de correo..... email address...
nombre.....name
sexo....hombre/male.....mujer/female
fecha de nacimiento ...date of birth
pais....country
telefono...is optional

hit the guardar button and they'll send you the password and the link

and like Joseito said it's on the second page..the red tomato icon ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
With the DR1 hordes behind us, we might notch up a respectable vote, and who knows, maybe even...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
For the value that is gained by many from the website - for FREE, the least we can do is vote. Forward the link and instructions to your friends, and let's help the Aunties win. They do an amazing job on the site, and hmmmmmmm....have I ever mentioned A COOKBOOK that they sell? Amazing! Vote now, and get your cookbook today!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, the party went on without us...

See my blog for a translation of the list of categories/winners.

Our matching award ceremony outfits, consisting of chef's aprons, wooden spoons and Carmen Miranda headgear, will have to be put aside for another occasion.