Dominican Hair Dressing in Washington DC Area

suga90035

Aug 29, 2006
Hi All,
I recently relocated from the westcoast and I am looking for a hair stylist that does press n' curl and could also give me a few tracks (3 or 4) for fullness. I am having a hard time becuase most the hairdresser in the area only work with permed hair (mine is natural) or they charge high prices, have horrible hours and bad attitudes. My previous stylist out west suggested I seek a dominican hair dresser stating they can get my hair straight like I am use to having it. Can someone please, please refer me to a dominican hair dresser in either D.C. or southern PG county? Thanks

Don't know about PG but if you go to Silver Springs, MD where a lot of Dominicans live, just across the northern border of DC down Georgia Blvd. you can go to:

Sashe-S Hair Salon is off of Georgia Blvd on Wayne ave (i think)
or
Claudia's
http://www.claudiasdominicanhairsalon.com/

A person I work with used Sasha a lot until things changed and now she goes to Claudia's.

She liked Sashe because as she puts it, "Anne is off the hook"
Anne is the owner from what I hear.
She said Anna makes her hair feel soft and silky.
She was very efficient until more staff came.
BUT
1. Its too loud now
2. She brought in her sister "cutie pie" Carmen and it got worse. She said, Carmen brought in her "ghetto Dominican friends" and she always brags about her fake breast and they talk too much and too loud so she left.

She likes Claudia's. Claudia does the hair.
Cheaper and doesn't charge you if you want her to apply your own conditioner. Anna charges $10.
Claudia is very fast and can get you out in an hour
BUT
She says her hair does not feel as soft and silky
Thats her only complaint.

She will try,
Lucy La Dominicana, next.
4600 S. Four Miles Run Dr. Unit C-3
Arlington, VA 22204
Lobby de Carlton Apartments
Tel�fonos:
(703) 998-0158
(703) 566-2218