purchasing a moto in sosua area

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
hi, I'm looking to purchase a cheap used moto, a small 80 or 125cc legal off road.

any places where I should look? or it should be better in puerto plata?

thanks in advance

Gumby

Aug 3, 2005
Gasparhernandez

There is a great bike place in Gasparhernandez....they have good prices and a great selection.

:)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I've heard that

There is a great bike place in Gasparhernandez....they have good prices and a great selection.

:)

as well......... but be advised that if you choose to buy a cheap Chinese knock-off of a Japanese bike instead of the "real thing", not only will the quality be inferior, but the parts non-existant. I think this place sells both.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Yamaha 125's are everywhere so perhaps they would be the easiest to get parts for and be repaired.

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
thanks, will try in gaspar hernandez.

anyway...that clones from china are very cheap, I saw a US$2000 yamaha-alike that looked really good. they are asking about us$1500 for a years old yamaha. I did not road-test it, but it seems well designed and rock solid.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
thanks, will try in gaspar hernandez.

anyway...that clones from china are very cheap, I saw a US$2000 yamaha-alike that looked really good. they are asking about us$1500 for a years old yamaha. I did not road-test it, but it seems well designed and rock solid.
As mentioned above, DO NOT buy the Chinese bike.
It's like comparing a Hostess Twinkie with home made apple pie.

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
hehe thanks for the strong advise agains chinese bikes :) , anyway I'm finding some yamahas/suzukis around us$1000 , which is the amount I would like to spend

but sorry, at least the chinese bikes does not seem to have a bad design or cheap materials.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
but sorry, at least the chinese bikes does not seem to have a bad design or cheap materials.
The materials used are so substandard that even after warning people how cheap they are and they buy them just the same, they can't believe how fast they rust and break down.
When we tel them, "I told you so", they always say, "I just didn't think anything could be that cheap".
They are.
Perhaps the Hostess Twinkie was not a good analogy for you.
Let's try this.
Having sex with Margaret Thatcher or Halle Berry.
Is that a better example?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
The materials used are so substandard that even after warning people how cheap they are and they buy them just the same, they can't believe how fast they rust and break down.
When we tel them, "I told you so", they always say, "I just didn't think anything could be that cheap".
They are.
Perhaps the Hostess Twinkie was not a good analogy for you.
Let's try this.
Having sex with Margaret Thatcher or Halle Berry.
Is that a better example?

Margaret Thatcher is sexy!

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
well intellectually speaking , the sex appealing of thacher is bigger than hale berry, also , I guess more people would like to "have sex" with thacher than with hale berry when she was prime minister :)

just kidding, thanks for your advise, it seems rust is a problem here.
I'm not mechanic, but restored some old motorbikes years ago including engines, 40-50 years old bikes pefrectly usable nowadays, would like to import some of these