is DR1 a place to dicuss social issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
DR1 is great for tourist information, business information, party information, prostitution information, sankie information... etc etc. Thanks to this site(i.e. Hillbilly) I have a very good idea of what to do on my upcoming vacation to DR. Thanks

Whith that said....

is this a place to discuss social issues, such as race, child prostitution, poverty, Economics (the lack of Econ ed. understanding by most dominicans) and the not so good impacts of tourism and expats?

I mean really address the issues without taking offense or looking at the issue as an US Vs. THEM matter.

I think this should serve as a place were ideas from a HUMAN RACE point of view can be discussed.

For the most part I respect everyone that posts on this board and I appreciate everything anyone has to say even if I don't agree.

But how can a post stay up when they are out asking where to "buy" a good time.. but I write about the perseption/expectations of some tourist and I get CLOSED !!!!! how ethical is that?

I think it is time to put an end to the Censorship !!!!!!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
You can not discuss certain issues on DR1, because time and time again, immature and childish posters would turn the thread ugly by making racist and insensitive comments about people, without any consideration toward the people who would find such comments, demeaning and belittling, this is an intelligent and grown-up board, that as it appears, is very useful for information gathering and other current happenings around the country, its not "myspace" or "Hi5". So to prevent insensitive rants by "children" that is posted to hurt, rather than intelligibly debated, "Censorship", lives on.

"God Save The Queen"

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
well I find sex tourism offensive.. that doesn't mean people should stop asking questions about it!!!!!!

besides, someone wrote that dominican do not contribute to their host country in Europe... that post is still up...

I still don't find the logic

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Race, religion, personal attacks, spam or any mention of underage sex or relationships are not allowed. Everything else go right ahead and discuss. Poverty, social issues etc etc.

Don't bother wasting your time arguing with me or a moderator on the above.
It's not going to happen, they will get deleted, you will get deleted, so don't bother wasting your time.

bilijou

Jun 13, 2006
corporanr,

Welcome to the club buddy!
I was going to participate in your last "race thread" before it got closed. To answer you: No, I doubt race will never be discussed in this forum. I?ve had the same problem as you. I understand certain circumstances when you just have to close the thread because it gets too annoying. (Maybe if you ban "racism" not race.) But to exclude race under any context...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
im not afraid

I can be deleted.... Fine... but come on... this is a dictatorship.

this is funny....

a person comes, asks about prostitution, which is illigal,(common but illigal)
they might as well ask about where to buy drugs, or what ever else... that is ok.

but I want to discuss the way the basic humanity of people is being ignored and exploited and I'm WRONG I'm going to get deleted...

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
No Race Talk

corporanr,

I was going to participate in your last "race thread" before it got closed. To answer you: No, I doubt race will never be discussed in this forum. I?ve had the same problem as you. I understand certain circumstances when you just have to close the thread because it gets too annoying. (Maybe if you ban "racism" not race.) But to exclude race under any context...

OR THEY'LL CLOSE THIS ONE TOO.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
corporanr,

Races are a beautiful thing. Imagine how boring it would be if we all looked alike. Some people are too concerned about color and physical features. Let's be color blind. Let's look at people's soul and the potential they have as human beings.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I can be deleted.... Fine... but come on... this is a dictatorship.

this is funny....

a person comes, asks about prostitution, which is illigal,(common but illigal)
they might as well ask about where to buy drugs, or what ever else... that is ok.

but I want to discuss the way the basic humanity of people is being ignored and exploited and I'm WRONG I'm going to get deleted...

FYI: Prostitution is legal in the DR.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/prostitution.shtml

This is not a dictatorship, it's a privately run and funded website, that you are a guest on and have free access.

If your not happy, leave. Nobody is forcing you to post on DR1.

Closed :)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
May I add that social issues -- especially race, have been debated to the bone and these debates can be found in the archives of dr1 forums. Do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.