Where to Play Tennis in Sosua Area?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where can vacationers play tennis in Sosua if not staying at a hotel with a tennis court? Are there courts they can use, for example, by paying a small user fee?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hotel Voramar used to charge 100RD per hour per person but I have not been there lately so it could have changed.

They can play at Sea Horse Ranch for 200RD per person per hour. The courts are clay and well maintained there. You can call to check the rates, but I?m pretty sure I am right.

Also, Terramar is another option. I am not sure of the rates though. All of these places mentioned can be used by outsiders. If you are going to Sea Horse just tell the gate you are going to play tennis and they will let you in. Make a right just before the second gate for the courts.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Can you give me directions to Voramar Hotel from the main road? Or anywhere else suggested to play and costs?

Also, from Sept 10 - 20 I'll be in Sosua - looking for tennis partner. I'm intermediate singles player. Either early am or 5 pm.

Have no transportation so need directions and whether to take motorconcho or what.

Thanks so much.
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Kyle

Thanks for the info. I'm not staying there - I just want to play tennis on their courts and want to know how to get there from the main road - I'll be up in La Mullatta II.

Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
From La Mulata, go down the road from La Mulata to the main road by the Sosua Car Wash. Make a left and an immediate right on the road alongside the Car Wash. Go about 100 meters where you will come to a dead end. Make a right and follow the road (note, it bears left at the closed Disco). At the first corner you come to make a right turn and it will be on your right at the next corner.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Sky,

Thank you sooo much. Directions are very clear and I can almost picture it.

Now all I need is someone to play with. I am thinking of asking their pro if he want to hit with me (not on me!).

Ro

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Drro, send an email to Ryan Connolly ryantconnolly@yahoo.com to see if he is a possible partner.

Another court possibility is Casa Marina hotels. They sold the courts and they are available for public use. RD$280 per person per hour. They say this includes "everything". I need to investigate to see what this means.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Ken,

Thanks. I'll follow up on Ryan.

I'm interested to know what includes 'everything' means. Do you think it means racket and balls or what?

Please let me know if you find out anything more.

Thanks, Ken.
Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Another court possibility is Casa Marina hotels. They sold the courts and they are available for public use. RD$280 per person per hour. They say this includes "everything". I need to investigate to see what this means.[/QUOTE]

They were sold, the Voramar courts are the old Casa Marina courts.