help for child support

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Does anyone know how a person could get child support for their child? A friend, not my girlfriend, was married to a German man in 1999. He flew the coupe about 6 months later. About 5 months after that, she had a baby boy. On the birth certificate he is named as the father, and she also has her marriage certificate. She has asked me to help her out to see if she is entitled to child support. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hammerdown

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't have the answers but thought you might add a little more info here so others can give you the right answers.

I'm assuming your friend is Dominican and is living in the DR?
If he fly the coupe before the baby was born does she have any contact info on him now?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Off the bat, if there is a divorce decree that stipulates "mantenimiento" and the guy is inthe DR or Germany, it can be enforced. In Germany, she wouldhave to get a lawyer to go befor a local court andhave the divorce decree recognized and then have the judge issue a decree for child support. It would be easier if he were still around.

HB

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
She still lives in the DR, and he flew the coop back to Germany. There was, and still is no divorce, he just up and left. The only thing we have on him from Germany, is his passport number, and I guess his name as well...lol....I guess we can look for a lawyer in Germany to handle this, but is there a way to do it without one? Thanks for your replies.
Hammerdown

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No way without lawyers!! They will have to formulate charges inthe Germany justice system and present them before a magistrate. No two ways about it.

HB :(:(