living in Luperon

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
I was thinking of moving to a small town on the north coast, called Luperon, and I was wondering if anyone on DR1 has any experiences, either living there or from visiting that they could share with me. I have visited the town 2 times, but I have been to the DR 5 times. any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
it's nice...

rent a place and spend 3 months there to make up your mind...

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Apparently we're dealing with a slow learning curve, since she has already spent 2 vacations there, and has started 2 or 3 threads asking essentially the same question in the past couple of years

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She must be a fan of something other than the Yankees....

Luperón is a wonderful little town with a life all its own. "Far from the madding crowd" ....What more is to know.????????

truly.

HB :ermm:

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
for renting, just look around...

If you don't speak spanish, go rub shoulders with the boaters at Puerto Blanco marina...

Luperon is a good place, there's more to it than just the small town stufff... But it's hard to describe... Just go and experiment !

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Renting

Ask for Ronnie, everyone knows him. In that town. He will be of great help.
Let me know how yu made out. When are you planning on going their. I can give you his phone number if you like.

Last edited:

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
oh dont be so harsh!

Apparently we're dealing with a slow learning curve, since she has already spent 2 vacations there, and has started 2 or 3 threads asking essentially the same question in the past couple of years