Buying Maps of Dominican Republic In Sosua

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
We are going to be taking a trip across the island and are in search of a place in Sosua to purchase maps of the Domincian Republic.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Beats me. FWIW, there is a really good map store in the CZ in The Capital.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The Super Super liquer store has a half decent map at the checkout counter.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
We bought one at a place that sells electronics (sorry I don't remember the name but they sell cameras and radios and MP3 players) as well as some sovenier items. It's on the main road that leads to Sosua Bay Hotel.
It was more than adequate and easy to fold to boot!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I'll be in Sosua soon, I can sell you my copy of this map. :laugh:

If your time frame doesn't match up with rellosk, you can get that map at both the POP airport and elf's internet on the main drag in Sosua. IMO it's the best map I've seen about the DR, it's plastic coated and will last just about forever.

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Maps

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the information. We did find a pretty good map at Super Super, but will look at the other places also.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you want a map with great detail of downtown Santiago, and several other cities that the B&B map doesnt cover (including specific places of interest), go to the Carivbe Tours Station on the highway - at the Charamicos Light (may be sold elsewhere as well). It's 150 pesos and a great compliment to the other map.