Missing person in DR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
NOTE: Photo pending acceptance on DR1 and will be posted as soon as possible.

Anyone who has seen and/or knows the whereabouts of William Mathison please PM or e-mail me (Don), SantiagoDR from DR1.

If you are a guest on this board and know any information please register if necessary so you can post and provide us with the information.

William Mathison is the missing 62 year old brother of DRSOL member LANSUR. He has been missing for three months. He has neither called nor written and his 91 year old father who lives with his brother is very worried. The last time William went to D.R. was around December 16th, 2005. He was supposed to have looked into purchasing property. He was to have called within 1 week and nothing has been heard from him since June of this year. He may be in Punta Cana, Sanchez or Varadero.

THANKS for any help you can offer.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I requested an e-mail from the person posting and he has responded with a Canadian e-mail address alone with the picture of whom he saids is his brother. I have no other means to verify any further. If the person is located, they could advise if the facts are true. Information of his whereabouts would then be left up to the missing person to contact the one who claims to be his brother in Canada.

The person posted on another DR board, and anyone wishing to give information if they so desire could respond to the poster who saids it is his brother or advise the supposedly missing person to contact his brother and/or father.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks for that. That seems a good way to handle it pending Robert's decision. Should anyone know this person, please advise him of the request to locate him. If he confirms the facts, kindly let SantiagoDR know that the message has been delivered.

I just remembered that there is a Canadian official in POP. Tim seems to be the name that comes to mind, but I may be way off track. Has anyone thought of talking to him?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I re-worded the request on the other board as I did here. I also requested any confirming information from the poster. But anything can be manipulated these days. At the least if it be true, someone may know him and advise him. Thanks for helping me re-word the request, much appreciated.

The poster was advised of several options including contacting the Canadian Embassy/Consulate.

If someone with the power can re-word my original post it would also be appreciated. Thanks....

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I just remembered that there is a Canadian official in POP. Tim seems to be the name that comes to mind, but I may be way off track. Has anyone thought of talking to him?

AFAIK, Tim Hall of Cafe Cito is the Canadian Consul in POP; if anyone can't locate his contact info please PM me.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Santiago sent me the picture

and I spoke with the brother who is searching for William. He lives in Canada and if anyone needs a contact number send me a pm.

Here is the missing man's picture.

27wu8w5.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Found

I have received news that the missing brother is ok and that the family members are aware of that information.

Thanks to everyone for their help and concern.
Vey much appreciated.

Don - SantiagoDR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Glad there is some good news. That makes two we have found over the last month.

Be sure to check and re check any information,

HB