Help: Drug rehab in DR

bacha

Jan 31, 2004
freizeit.bonzgd.biz
A Dominican friend would like to enter a drug rehab or treatment program in the DR. Could someone please advise if any facilities/organizations offer this type of help. Thank you.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Drug Rehab??

A Dominican friend would like to enter a drug rehab or treatment program in the DR. Could someone please advise if any facilities/organizations offer this type of help. Thank you.

I know of Hogares Crea, but there are private hospitals that offer drug rehab programs as well.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I know of a family who sought a rehab center. Not much came from their research beyond a few with a strong religious orientation. They found a couple run by some "psychologists", but sounded dubious to me when the program was 'splained.

I know there are AA Chapters around. Any NA's? Perhaps they would know where help is available.

Good luck.

As a side comment, I wonder if the recent crackdowns on drugs are forcing folks to get off the stuff. If so, real drug rehab may be needed.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are two organizations plus many MDs serve the drug addicted.

Casa Abierta is one and Hogares CREA is the other.

All drug addicts in the Dominican Republic know of these two places. They know where they are and how to get there.

HB