Puerto Plata Village - Playa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

elledee

Sep 2, 2006
Im going to be staying at Puerto Plata Village for 2 wks from 17th Sept with my 7 year old son...can anyone tell me what the beaches around there are like? Has anyone been to that resort? Whats the weather likely to be around that time? Ive been told you have to stay in the Village, is that true? - I really want to see some of the Island, any recommendations?

Sorry to bombard you all with questions on my first visit :paranoid:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They have a playground and programs for the kids there. The shuttle to the beach every 15 mins. to 30 mins depending on the time of day.

They are also set up at the beach with their own bar and lunch is available to the guests so you don't have to return to the hotel if you leave in the morning.

Of course you don't have to stay in the complex. It's huge but you don't have to stay in. It's not a jail ;)

Here's a link to the complex

http://www.playadorada.com.do/resorts.html

lilredrooster

Aug 12, 2006
Places to Try

Stuff u might try out of the resort, all safe and well worth the go.
Your 7-year-old will love Ocean World if you get a chance. A bit pricey but
no more than any similar attraction. And a good lunch is included.
Take an outback safari truck one day. Several to choose from.
Go ride the go carts just down the road to the east, almost next door.
Visit the old Fort San Felipe and the new beach downtown Puerto Plata.
The resorts have entertainment in-house most every night. Floor show style.
Inside the compound the shopping center is nice, as is restaurant Al Fresco, excellent. Great golf course if you golf, is there. Lots of things to do.
Previous suggestion for a guide is fine as well. Get the FULL price before closing the deal with a guide.
Lovely place - and very safe - when normal precautions are taken.
Change money at the place just in front of the shopping center, a little
kiosk looking building....decent rates.

elledee

Sep 2, 2006
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post.
I cant wait to get there and Im sure 2 weeks is just not going to be anywhere near long enough !!
Oceanworld is a definate on our agenda.....and Paradise Island has been recommended too....any thoughts on that ??

Status
Not open for further replies.