More than 500 TV Channels ???

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hi all.

I'm installing Parabolas and getting about 540 channels which for my personal viewing is more than I need, but I was wondering if anybody knows of some other Satellites I might be able to lock on. Right now getting 110 and 119 on one dish, any help would be appreciates since I'm testing different equipment.

MZ

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi all.

I'm installing Parabolas and getting about 540 channels which for my personal viewing is more than I need, but I was wondering if anybody knows of some other Satellites I might be able to lock on. Right now getting 110 and 119 on one dish, any help would be appreciates since I'm testing different equipment.

MZ
You must be installing ViewSat. That's the only FTA (Hacked) unit working right now. Echo Star also has a satellite at 61 for some international channels and HDTV. Other than that, most all satellites have something you can pick up with a FTA unit but you would probably need a BUD with a Ku/C lnb. Let me know how you make out.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hmmm, ok thanks for the info ... yes Viewsat and Pansat, giving the Pansat 3500 right now for 6,000 RD$ because still have to many and I think file will be out this week.

Thanks for the info ....

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hmmm, ok thanks for the info ... yes Viewsat and Pansat, giving the Pansat 3500 right now for 6,000 RD$ because still have to many and I think file will be out this week.

Thanks for the info ....
It's a decent price (Especially in the DR) "If the fix comes out" I hope you're right.
I've just read that BL says it will be out this week. Would be great for a lot of people I know.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have Coolsat and not worth a Damm right now.........
The unit to have at this time is the ViewSat. It's the only one with the "Fix". If what is said on the net is true, Pansat should be betting theirs out this week. Then, it's only a question of time and CoolSat will get it. Several people I know on the North Coast have Pansats and are in the same boat.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
They should all buy a Viewsat, even if you have to buy a new box every 5-6 month, calculating what you would pay in the US for all these channels or here for crappy Cable TV with Premium then it's paid over after a short time.
My 2 cents ...

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Very interesting discussion.
I am looking to install cable tv from Lancer in Sosua, but from the info
generated here I am wondering if I would be better served installing a
dish.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Bear

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yes right... problem is that keys are changing almost daily and it is a pain in the a.. to update them manually every day, had the same thing with my Pansat.

With the Coolsat the keys autoroll using bin 127.

you will get over 20 some channels, Atlanta, New York(Via P.R.), one Virgin Island channel, CNN, NASA Fashion and beauty, GOL TV, Miami, San Diego, KY, etc, etc

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Good technician/provider???

This is all very technical for me. Does anyone have any contact tel nos for
a good person/company to provide a small sat dish and instal the system please?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This is all very technical for me. Does anyone have any contact tel nos for
a good person/company to provide a small sat dish and instal the system please?

The OP said he was in the business. PM him. It depends where you live. If on North Coast, let me know. (BTW, forget the "Small" dish. You will need minnimum 6' fibreglass.) for American based signal.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Cabarete

The OP said he was in the business. PM him. It depends where you live. If on North Coast, let me know. (BTW, forget the "Small" dish. You will need minnimum 6' fibreglass.) for American based signal.

Eddy

Weve met! Im Stretchs mum, yes I live in Cabarete. I would be very grateful if you could give me a contact to provide a dish and service. Send me a pm and Ill give you my email address

Thanks

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy

Weve met! Im Stretchs mum, yes I live in Cabarete. I would be very grateful if you could give me a contact to provide a dish and service. Send me a pm and Ill give you my email address

Thanks
PM on the way.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
If you want to install by yourself the dish, I can sell you my Birdog satellite finder.
This is the Cadillac of satellite finder.

I bought it months ago to install by myself my internet by satellite system.
You can get in % the quality signal, it is much better than more or less by hand.

With any weather you get a good quality signal for TV or Internet.

Domwolf

Mar 22, 2004
Hi all.

MZ

In response to original question before it got Jacked (hi-jacked) you can get Canadian Provider Bell (BEV) with a 6 foot dish pointed to 91 sat. It has been confirmed to work here in DR, you will get over 200 more channels. Don't need a new unit if you have a FTA that works with both providers.

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Dish

Eddy,
Please advise who to contact for installation of a satelite dish. We live in
Sosua. If you can PM me I will provide e-mail address.
Thanks for your help.

Bear

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
In response to original question before it got Jacked (hi-jacked) you can get Canadian Provider Bell (BEV) with a 6 foot dish pointed to 91 sat. It has been confirmed to work here in DR, you will get over 200 more channels. Don't need a new unit if you have a FTA that works with both providers.

Where are you located? If on the north coast, please let me know. We tried last year in Sosua with a 10' with no luck. Got some stuff but could not get CBC, TSN or RDS. (Nothing else on worth while on BEV. It sucks.) But, I will certainly give it a try this week. BTW, 61.5 has some great programming HDTV and regular with a strong signal. Worth pointing one of your dishes at that bird. I hope I can pick up Nimiq form Sosua. Thanks for the info.