need info

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Hi all. I was hopping to be down there all ready, but I haven?t been able to get away. Anyways, I?m in the process of build a 50 catamaran sail boat. I would like to build it down there but I have a few question. How available are building material like airex foam core material and epoxy resins mdf etc? If I want to hire a couple of people to help me what do you pay them? I?m talking about a skilled carpenter and some general labors? How about tools like air compressors sander vacuum pumps etc. If I have to ship from the USA does anyone have an idea of cost? Thanks for your help.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Jim, the tools would be available but I don't think the materials would be available easily on the North Coast. There would also be skilled labor available if you pick and choose. On the South Coast, I don't know. Where were you thinking of doing this?

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Hi Jim, I know the person you would need. He is building catamarans for a long time. He is located in Luperon, at Puerto Blanco Marina and his name is Lucas, he is French. He is very serious. I know his for a long time. You can talk to him and probably he could give you some ideas or help you. Good luck!

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Thanks for the advice. I don't really care were I build. I would like the north coast. but as long as the materials are there on the island I could do the build there.