fast food in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
theres a new fast food joint in sosua, CASTLE BURGER, burgers fries and drinks are just 25 pesos each. Saturday night robert stopped by for a taste. anyone else try the burgers? what do you think?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'll let the spam go this time Ricky :)

Not what a would call a great burger, but then again it's only RD$25.
You get what you pay for :)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Fries

Haven't visited but a fella told me to stay away from the fries as they seem to be of the big-bag frozen type and have no taste.
Doubt I'll be eating any fast food anyway. Wish you the best there mr. owner,
but I sure don't want to see the landscape dotted with franchises. Lo siento.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
nope in the us we have ****e castle. the building looks kind of like a small white castle and they sell all small foods. like 1-2 bite hamburgers etc. all the items are very cheap but they are also very small.I have never heard of a crystal burger. I dont generally eat much beef while in the DR but I will come have a look at the place.

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Shame on you!

Thought you were going to be a little different......Price already went from 25 to 30 pesos and the burgers got smaller. Saturday afternoon out of french fries, that will never work!

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Looks like the Castle burger is back on track after the burger eating contest.
Reminds me of a Krystal or a White Castle and you can get em and go. Sosua needed something like this. Now we need to bars to stay open
longer.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
price went up in the past week? it was 25 pesos for a single and 49 for a double. they were pretty good too.cant be raising the prices though or people will move on. theres plenty of fast food around. guys selling chicken off a cart around the corner too.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
When I saw this place I was a bit excited as I had often wished there was a quick "burger joint" type place in Sosua, but after trying it, my excitement vanished...

While 25 or even 30 pesos doesnt seem bad for a burger, these things are (I think) less than 2oz of beef... they dont taste *anything* like White Castle or even Crystal (which are not alike)... I tried a double, and while it wasn't horrible, it didn't seem worth the 49 pesos...as it was still probably less meat than a regular McDonalds Hamburger...The guy across from Domino's/Four Roses sells a burger that's at least 4 oz, with "the works" for 50 pesos...and IMO tastes much better...he's open late, but Im not sure how late...WAY better deal...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
excactly like a white castle, thought it was one when i drove by.
The concept may be the same (small inexpensive burgers, sold to late night partiers), but the burgers are not even close to a rat-burger. They are not seeped in onions, no holes (remember the holes are free:)), and no White Castle after effects.

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
the burgers are exactly the same size, and its not a white castles, its not meant to be an exact copy. its meant to be fast economical food. the price increase is due to the ex-pat attitude toward tax. all scream for reform of this country yet none of them want to pay the tax to pay for the advancement. oddly enough the locals had no problem with the added tax. when buying my processing equipment the company wanted to sell me a meat mixer to mix in fillers and was amazed that i didnt want it. castle burgers are 1 0z 100% beef burgers steamed over onions. i watch the meat grinding myself to regulate cut selection and fat content. in the processing kitchen cleanliness is a must, everything is washed with bleach and disinfectant and kept at us health standards. although we have only been open a month, there seems to be wrinkles left such as the team leader not doing a product count at the end of the previous shif, hence running out of fries. and finally, i will adress all complaints, tho small in number in relation to selling more than 8000 burgers in just 5 weeks. anyone that eats the street cart vender food obviously is no real critic, or deeply concerned with health or food safety.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
So does this mean that with the new increased price tax is now included???

Bob K

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
yes it does, it seems to have solved the problem, taxes are paid, and everyone is happy. i find it odd that the expats that claim to be tax exempt because they have residency dont look at their receipts from playero or any restraunt that uses a cash register.

Status
Not open for further replies.