Best Meal at the Santo Domingo Airport (SDQ)

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I used to just make a quick stop at a "Pick-a-Pollo" before arriving at the airport, but with all these crazy security restrictions, I'm curious to know what tasty options I have at SDQ.

I know there's just one restaurant at SDQ, but I would appreciate any recommendations on what to order (and what not to order)?

Their fries taste good, what else?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a cafeteria and a pizza place downstairs. Both are OK for airport food. The pizza place isn't half bad.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Other Food

Also a Burger King upstairs and a typical DR cafeteria style joint. New terminal has one little place and a food court is being built. Entering the airport on the other side of the highway is a gas station with a fried chicken place inside in case you gotta have your chicken before you fly. This is not what is referred to as 'chickening out' before flying I presume. Some people need 2,3 or phobeas b4 flying.

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
The pizza place is, of course, Pizzarelli. There are many entries on this establishment. My vote is that it is the finest pizza on the island and better than most in the US (ex- Boston North End, NYC pizza eater ex-pat)

There is a restaurant in the upper food court that serves a Cuban-based menu. I don't remember the name but the food in their MIA airport establishment is a little better and has a more extensive menu.

May 31, 2005
I had the pizza once at that airport one time that I was waiting for my luggage to arrive from another flight. I thought it was pizza hut. Maybe I am confused.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I used to just make a quick stop at a "Pick-a-Pollo" before arriving at the airport, but with all these crazy security restrictions, I'm curious to know what tasty options I have at SDQ.

I know there's just one restaurant at SDQ, but I would appreciate any recommendations on what to order (and what not to order)?

Their fries taste good, what else?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Helpmann how was your trip this time?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
The Best DR Trip I've Ever Taken... (details to follow via pm)

Helpmann how was your trip this time?
Unbelievably MEJOR!!!

I'm never returning to DR in July, but Labor Day Weekend, ABSOLUTELY!!

The trip was so good, I'm rethinking my career.

-Helpmann :D