Pollo Victorina in NYC

Jun 5, 2004
While Browsing through Remolacha.net i forund out about an opening of a poolo victorina in NYC. Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it and when is it opening. I cant wait to get in there and get my puchuginas con tostones.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
While Browsing through Remolacha.net i forund out about an opening of a poolo victorina in NYC. Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it and when is it opening. I cant wait to get in there and get my puchuginas con tostones.

is this a new chicken piece??? I'm always open to try new foods. ;)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
is this a new chicken piece??? I'm always open to try new foods. ;)

Yeah it's a fried chicken joint. It's a franchise in the DR. But, unfortunately it's gone down the crapper. The one in Santiago used to be very popular but not any longer. Every time I drive by it it's always empty.

Will look forward to this though as I enjoyed their pollo frito.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yeah, know why?

Yeah it's a fried chicken joint. It's a franchise in the DR. But, unfortunately it's gone down the crapper. The one in Santiago used to be very popular but not any longer. Every time I drive by it it's always empty.

Will look forward to this though as I enjoyed their pollo frito.
Because not only has the place "gone down the crapper" but YOU go right after it.
Know 3 people in the past 2 years spent 24 hrs. "in the crapper"
Sorry for this posting so early in the morning before breakfast but"forewarned is...bla, bla bla".

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I was lucky it didn't happen to me Johne. I haven't had it in a while.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
what happens to Pollo Victorina is that one time ago they were the only or at least the biggest fried chicken chain in DR but now there are many other options that I'm afraid they're losing business due their lack of customer service and not so good product..ie. you can get a six piece of chicken tender in "la lira"(a gas station) a really good product for 90 bucks and the similar product in victorina "pechuginas" for a lot less quality and flavor you pay 120, the pechuginas are smaller and not very tasty

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
The chicken is good and all but the prices are way too high and the service is reeeeal bad, even for Dominican fast food.

In Santiago I have often seen lines out the door with only 1 cashier and a big group of employees standing around in the back joking with each other.